Re: General Discussion

LOL, this was written about Schwarber earlier in the offseason:

Jesse Rogers of ESPN.com hears that Kyle Schwarber "has been on a mission this offseason to transform his body."

Rogers writes that Schwarber wants to "get back to being a hitter -- not just a slugger," but surely he also wants to improve his conditioning if he's going to play the outfield again. Being another year removed from his knee surgery will surely help. Schwarber is often mentioned as a potential trade candidate, but the Cubs might not be interested in selling low.

Schwarber batted .211/.315/.467 with 30 homers in 129 games this season, but he was much better after returning from his demotion in July. Nov 28 - 12:06 PM
Source: ESPN.com
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

HB - was only kidding with the whiff king post

Seriously though the Schwarber situation:

1. He is not a good outfielder - converted catcher. At catcher...hmm...could he be moved back there?
2. He hit much better in the 2nd half last year but overall it certainly was a way down year
3. In actuality, teams still are really high on him, especially an AL team that could DH him
4. He is likely worth more than Salazar
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Just saw Tito on MLB Network.

Of course Tito always defends his player but you can read between his lines pretty easily on Kipnis.

There is no way Kipnis goes back to 2B.

Shawn Armstrong - R - Mariners

Mariners acquired RHP Shawn Armstrong from the Indians for international slot money.

Armstrong posted an underwhelming 4.38 ERA and 20/10 K/BB ratio in 24 2/3 innings this past season with Cleveland, but the 27-year-old right-hander should be in the running for one of the last few Opening Day bullpen spots next spring in Mariners camp. He is out of minor league options.

That's surprising. I know he underwhelmed with his erratic command, but he throws hard and is very young; I thought we'd give him a good chance to move into a bigger role with Shaw gone. The Mariners had been collecting international signing bonus money in previous to give them a shot at Otani. Now they're swapping it away.
We now have room on the roster to participate in the Rule 5 draft, but more importantly to add a free agent.

Bruce Drennan said this evening that he doesn't think Schwarber is who the Indians want. He thinks it's Baez. Last year Baez played every position in the infield, and even a game in the OF. He is the kind of guy Tito loves.

Interesting take, may be.

I would also add that Lindor and Baez grew up together and are great friends.

And would also add that Kipnis is from Chicago.