Re: General Discussion

I will still be discouraged if this team falls out of contention without a good attempt at acquiring a decent hitter via trade.

Of course I may never know if an effort is being made or not....so...

:?
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Lots of clubs would like to get their hands on a Tribe relief pitcher. No one you'd want to see them trade off the current roster of position players will bring back any help. Guys like OC might get you a so-so minor leaguer.

The only help coming is from within the system.

Notice that the Twins are diving again?
" I am not young enough to know everything."

For those of us from the school of "Go for the shot in 2011....no guarantee we'll be this close in future seasons even with our future prospects," I have Orlando Cabrera on my untouchable list.

He'll play well when needed, as he did tonight.

His 9th inning homer in Phoenix stemmed the continued pain after our sweep by The World Series Champions.

It kept us within a game of first, and made for a successful great debut of rookie Lonnie Chisenhall.

I want a guy like Orlando Cabrera with us in September.....and October.

Alex White (finger) played long-toss at a distance of 75 feet Monday.
White just began his throwing program Friday, so he's still a few weeks away from beginning a minor league rehab assignment. The 22-year-old right-hander is currently on the 60-day DL with a strained ligament in his right index finger.
Source: Paul Hoynes on Twitter Jun 27, 8:56 PM

I would think that Talbot might be a trade chip near the deadline or before. I would also think that the Yankees might think that CC might be the calming influence that Carmona needs.

Shin-Soo Choo - OF - Indians

Shin-Soo Choo underwent surgery Tuesday on his fractured left thumb.
Choo suffered the fracture when he was struck in the hand last Friday by a Jonathan Sanchez pitch. The 28-year-old will be out until at least late August and could miss the entire rest of the season. He'll leave behind a .244/.333/.353 batting line, five home runs and 28 RBI.
Source: Buster Olney on Twitter Jun 28, 2:32 PM