Re: Who is most responsible for the Indians poor record?

seagull wrote:They players are the only ones that win or lose.

You can't shine shit.

The owner, the front office and the manager are responsible for what you see on the field but do not win or lose games.

Of course the players are the only ones that determine wins or losses on most game days, with an occasional smart move from a manager as an assist to a win.

Last I checked, it was The Front Office that hired the Manager and drafted the players and signed the players ("in the house that Jack built").

I only fault the Dolan Family for entrusting near a billion dollars in player investments in Mark Shapiro and his boy Chris Antonettii, since the Dolan Family bought the team.

eocmcdoc wrote:Oh btw I am taking 3 friends to the game Tues. Local radio station gave me 4 club seat tickets.
Me and my girlfriend spent a couple of days in NE Ohio as part of a vacation, but the Indians were on the road so I couldn't show her around Progressive Field, which has gotten progressively less crowded every time I've been there the last several years. (This was the 10-day vacation that perfectly coincided with the first of our epic losing streaks this summer, though I tried not to let it drag me down.)

I voted for Dolan. The fish rots from the head down.

I want two choices ----- Owner AND Front Office. The owner is a cheap son-of-a-*****, and when he does fork out some cash the front office never knows how to spend it.

My vote 25% ownership and 75% front office.

All you have to do is check out the seasonal results over the past 10 years as well as the condition our farm system is in.

I voted for the front office but I don't want to let ownership off the hook!
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Re: PREDICTION TIME: Who will be the next Tribe manager?

Of course some people believe nobody wants to come to Cleveland because there are not enough ethnic restaurants.

No, because the weather is terrible. The economy is terrible and the entire town is pretty boring.

Good restaurants are one of the few things the city actually has.

Of course how many times has Lou actually been in Cleveland.

Of course some posters felt that the Indians would not fire Acta because of his contract.

How did that work out ?