Re: Winter/Fall/Latin/Asian/World Ball

Tuesday 12/12/23

Jaison Chourio CF 0-0 Defensive Replacement 7th; Pinch Hit For in the 9th

Code: Select all

G  AB  R  H  2B  3B  HR  RBI  TB  BB  K  SB  SAC  SF  AVE  PEB  SLG  OBP  HBP  AL
11   9   3   2    0     0      0      1      2      3   1    0      0      0    .222   .417  .222  .639      0   12
Alexfri Planez RF 0-0 Defensive Replacement

G  AB  R  H  2B  3B  HR  RBI  TB  BB  K  SB  SAC  SF  AVE  PEB  SLG  OBP  HBP  AL
21  26   3   3    1     0      1     3      7      1   7    0      0      0    .115   .148  .269  .417      0    27
Brayan Rocchio SS 0-2, HBP,

10  31  4  10    2     0      1      5    15     2   3    0      0      0    .323   .400  .484  .884      2    35
Milan Tolentino SS 0-4 (AVG .357)

<
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

12/13/23

Dayan Frias, Game 1, 1-3, 1 SH, 0E
Dayan Frias, GAme 2, 1-2, 1 H 1 DBL, 1 RBI, 2 DP, 0 E
Brayan Roccihio, 0-2, 1 K
Gabe Arias, 2-5, 1 RBI, 1 K
Johathan Rodriquez, Game 1, 1-4, 1 DBL, 1 W, 2 R
Jonathan Rodriguez, Game 2, 1-3, 1 RBI, 1 W, 1 K
Jaison Chourio, 1-1, 3 W

<

In his first 13 games, Puig shows a solid offense, to the point of averaging .458, the product of 22 hits in 48 at-bats, in which he has also hit four home runs — one longer than the other — and drove in 10 runs. One of Yasiel Puig's purposes in this participation in the LVBP is to get a return ticket to the major leagues. Now with Sharks, he seems like another player, with a more calm character and willing to return to the best baseball in the world. His participation in the Home Run Festival at the Monumental stadium did not go under the table, putting on a show of power, but he finally came in second place, being defeated by his teammate, Ronald Acuña Jr.

[ invite him to spring training !!! ]

<
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

LVBP: Gem! Brayan Rocchio adjusts his hitting, sacrifices, home runs and performs better

The infielder of the La Guaira Sharks and belonging to the Cleveland Guardians organization in MLB, has had improvements in his offensive performance

By Manuel Gil

Sports journalist

Thursday, December 14, 2023 at 06:22 pm

Tiburones de La Guaira has a large group of players with different talents and abilities, in this way many can focus their minds on Ronald Acuña Jr. and Maikel García, but the truth is that there is a player with enormous ability who can produce for any professional team, his name is Brayan Rocchio and he is considered top prospectt in the Cleveland Guardians organization.

With his current participation in the 2023-2024 season of the Venezuelan Professional Baseball League, his third season in the local tournament and they have all been with the sharks. The difference from his premiere in the 2021 season to today is extremely wide. At that time he focused on hitting more home runs and now he has become a hitter who feels comfortable with a better offensive average.

"It wasn't something I was looking for, this year I didn't hit many home runs, but thank God my average was better. In previous seasons he had hit several home runs, but he did not achieve a good average," acknowledged Rocchio, who in the Minor Leagues hit a combined 47 home runs.

In 2023 he made his debut in the major leagues with the Guardians' and all the spotlights were pointed towards him because of what he means to that organization. He is an extremely prized prospect in Cleveland's ranks and occupies the forty-seventh spot in the ranking of the best youngsters in the MLB system. In his debut on the Major League circuit, he had a total of 20 hits, 8 runs scored, 9 batted in, 4 walks and 27 strikeouts in 81 opportunities at bat, his average at the highest level was .247 with an on-base percentage of .279.

"This campaign for me was good and solid, because I was able to make the adjustments. Towards the end I was able to hit more balls and now I'm focused on combining things; "power, contact and record a good season," he said.

In the United States his teammate is Andrés Giménez, a second baseman blessed with the art of having a great defense and who, in addition, dedicated himself as the first Venezuelan to win the Platinum Glove distinction, an award given to the best teammates in the American League and the National League. In that sense, with La Guaira he has the opportunity to meet players such as Alcides Escobar and Miguel Rojas who can teach him how to play better defensively.

"They are players who have excellent defense and I want to put myself at their level. Playing with players like Miguel, Alcides and Andrés is a source of pride and I take advantage of the good advice they can give me, to reach that level and with God's favor, win a Gold Glove in the Major Leagues.

His time in the Venezuelan winter league can help him manage his emotions, this is what the talented infielder of the Tiburones de La Guaira points out. But for Rocchio it goes beyond that, because the family support that he receives at the Estadio Universitario de Caracas (UCV) is not negotiable.

"Many things, mostly nerves. For my part, I come to work on that, to control my nerves and emotions when defending and hitting. That's one of the most important ones for me," Brayan acknowledged. "The Venezuelan fans are something else and influence the pressure one hundred percent.".

"I will always want to come (to the LVBP), I like to play ball and more because my family cannot see me play in the United States due to the visa issue. "I would always love to participate so that my mother can see me play," he confessed.

With the Sharks, in the current season, he has accumulated ten hits, one home run, five runs batted in, four scored, two walks, and four strikeouts suffered in thirty-three plate appearances, exhibiting an AVG of .303 and a regular OPS of .833.

<
-- Bob Feller

DAYAN FRIAS

Vaqueros took revenge by defeating the Tigers

The visitors broke a three-run tie in the fifth inning and then secured the game thanks to the offensive performance of Andrés Angulo, who drove in one and scored one for the Monterians' cause.

by Rafael Cadenas December 14, 2023

Barranquilla, Atlántico.- In the second game of the double header yesterday afternoon, Vaqueros de Montería took revenge by beating the Tigres de Cartagena 5 runs to 3, During the two day, four game series, the Vaqueros and Tigres split the series.

With the game tied at three runs, in the fifth inning Adrián Valerio negotiated a walk, advanced to second on a hit by Jordan Díaz, settled at third on a sacrifice bunt by Dayan Frías, then scored the winning run thanks to a sacrifice fly by Andrés Angulo.

The Monterianos secured the victory in the seventh inning when Adrián Valerio singled to center field, stole second, and scored on an error by third baseman Branly Jaraba.

Starter Carlos Mario Díaz took the win with an effective save in 1.0 inning, allowing no hits or runs, 0 walks, 0 strikeouts. His partner Jorge Martínez took credit for the save.

For his part, Tigres starter Omarly Luna took the loss, working four innings in which he allowed 4 runs, all 4 earned, 3 hits surrendered a couple of walks.

For the Vaqueros offense, Andrés Angulo 2-1, a sacrifice fly and an RBI, Adrián Valerio 1-1, 1 walk and a couple of runs scored, Dayan Frías with a double in two at-bats and an RBI, Jordan Díazde 4-1 and Daniel Mayora 3-1, walk and 1 run scored.

The Tigers had Víctor Nova with a home run in three at-bats,one scored and RBI. Gary Matis Jr. 3-2, Branly Jaraba 3-1, one scored and one RBI. Andruw Salcedo 3-1 and an RBI.

<
-- Bob Feller

GUARDIANS PROSPECTS

BRAYAN ROCCHIO

Brayan Rocchio (La Guaira, SS): 3-5, 2 R, 2 2B (4 doubles Total) - Rocchio led off and popped two doubles in his team’s win, now posting a .922 OPS this winter, which is good to see after a down year for him power wise in the Guardians system. Though you shouldn’t take this as any sign of things to come in the majors this year, considering the Venezuelan league's talent level isn’t as comparable to the majors.

Johnathan Rodriguez (Carolina, DH): 0-3, BB, 3K - Rough day for Rodriguez, who started as the DH, really his best position aside from his arm and is having a pretty mediocre winner.

Dayan Frias (Monteria SS) has hit safely in all games since his return to winter ball. In an 8-1 loss to the lions, Frias was 2-5, .370 AVG, .764 OPS

Gabe Arias (Santurce was 1-5, 2 K. His one hit was a double. Arias is having a sub-par season.

NEWS

YASIEL PUIG HIT TWO HOME RUNS TO LEAD TIBURONES' FOURTH STRAIGHT VICTORY

In his first 10 games on the circuit combined...Yasiel Puig now has five home runs in his last eight games & six total in 10 games,

Andrés Espinoza Anchieta | LVBP Press

12/15/2023

Caracas.- High-ranking imports have passed through the Venezuelan Professional Baseball League who have not performed as expected. Fortunately for the La Guaira Sharks, Yasiel Puig has been everything the team could hope for and more. On Friday, at the Antonio Herrera Gutiérrez in Barquisimeto, the Cuban made it evident again, commanding the visitors' offense with a pair of home runs to seal the fourth consecutive victory for the team, which beat the Cardinals from Lara 9-6.

Puig, who was an All-Star with the Los Angeles Dodgers in the Major Leagues in 2014, finished the game 4-3, with his two homers to reach six so far in the current tournament, in addition to two runs scored and three batted in.

The attack managed by Oswaldo Guillén began in the same first inning, when Maikel García hit a single that drove in Brayan Rocchio who hit the first of his two doubles, with the first of the game. In that same inning, Wilson García hit a double play grounder that was enough to drive in a run.

In the third came the first of Puig's home runs, a shot to left field that drove home Leonardo Reginatto.

The Cardenales' scored in the lower part of that inning, when a double by Yojhan Quevedo drove in two of his teammates and a sacrifice fly by Jecksson Flores narrowed the lead to one.

However, Tiburones responded in the following inning on Reginatto's 8th homer of the season and the second home run for Puig in the game, placing the score 7-3 in favor of the Litoralenses.

Leonel Valera brought Lara closer at the end of that inning with an RBI single and Hernán Pérez delivered another in the fifth with a sacrifice fly.

However, that was the end of the comeback attempt by the Cardenals.

The Tiburones offense ended with a total of 16 hits on the evening. In addition to Puig's great performance, Reginatto also stood out for Tiburones with three RBIs and a trio of hits in six at-bats, Rivero with his three rockets and two RBIs, and Brayan Rocchio, who also had three hits including a pair of doubles.

The win went to reliever Jesús Pirela (1-0), who joined the team this week and who worked a perfect inning against the red birds. The Dominican Jojanse Torres scored his second save of the year.

The defeat, meanwhile, fell on the shoulders of Fabián Blanco (1-1), who was the starter for those led by Henry Blanco and gave up five hits and two runs in just two thirds of an inning, in which he gave up a walk and he did not strike out any opponent.

Tiburones managed to climb to third position in the table, with a record of 24-22. Cardinals, for their part, remain tied with Leones at the top, both with a balance of 28-18.

[ Thinking we should invite Puig to spring training and give him a shot at least as a DH ]

<
-- Bob Feller

FRANCO ALEMAN

GUARDIANS ALL PROSPECT TEAM

JUSTIN LADA

DEC 17

Award season was a little delayed, but we’re getting them in before the end of the year.

Note: I had to take a few liberties at some positions where candidates were lighter than I would have in years past. Normally I would have used the qualifier that a player had to play most of his season in the minors, but for catcher and first base, that wasn’t really possible. But at pitcher, Tanner Bibee, Logan Allen, and Gavin Williams didn’t qualify due to how much time they spent in the majors, and there were deserving pitchers.

C: Bo Naylor: .253/.393/.498, .12 2B, 13 HR, 391 wOBA, 123 wRC+,

Normally, I would pick someone who played the majority of their games in the minors for this spot, but the catcher spot in the minors this year for Cleveland was bleak. Bryan Lavastida had a minor resurgence in the second half, but beyond that, it was a weak year for the catching group beyond some international prospects too young to consider for this.

1B: Kyle Manzardo: .233/.324/.535, 8 2B, 6 HR, .361 wOBA, 132 wRC+ (all with Cleveland)

Manzardo didn’t have the majority of his season’s at-bats in the Cleveland system, but like the catcher spot, first base was a rough spot throughout the organization. Manzardo had a nice tear at the end of the season power-wise and also hot well in the AFL. So this was an easy call.

2B: Juan Brito: .271/.377/.434, 31 2B, 14 HR, 7/15 B, .370 wOBA, 126 wRC+

At Lake County Brito looked solid, but at times wasn’t overly dominant or special. But he kicked it into gear a little more at Double-A and from the left side offensively, he produced. Defensively and as a right handed hitter, there were questions left to answer. But he was deserving here.

SS: Jose Devers: .252/.356/.398, 15 2B, 11 HR, 34/45 SB, .356 wOBA, 113 wRC+

Shortstop was another source of disappointment in the minors this year for Cleveland. But Devers showed a good glove at the position and came into some modest power at times. He had some really strong moments that stood out more than anyone in this position, even though Brayan Rocchio was solid but disappointing this year. But Devers showed some good flashes, albeit at Low-A.

3B: Dayan Frias: .260/.356/.426, 19 2B, 11 HR, 8/11 SB, .359 wOBA, 120 wRC+

There were some ups and downs offensively for Frias, but overall he had plenty of good moments. He found some pullside power from the left side, made plenty of contact and drew some walks. He also showed a strong glove at third base, maybe the best glove in the system at any position.

OF 1:Wuilfredo Antunez: .275/.354/.420, 17 2B, 6 HR, 11/17 SB, .366 wOBA, 120 wRC+

There weren’t a ton of choices in the outfield this year, at least not as an outfielder and Antunez also had his ups and downs, like most prospects. At 21 in Low-A, these are not blow you away numbers, but his K/BB% were promising, he showed some pop and might be able to play center. There are consistency and maturity issues to work on, but that can be said about any 21 year old minor leaguer. Still enough production to be a top-3 performance in the Guardians system in 2023 among outfielders in a down year.

OF 2: Chase DeLauter: .355/.417/.528, 22 2B, 5 HR, .428 wOBA, 159 wRC+

The only reason DeLauter is in the number two spot is due to only collecting 217 plate appearances and some of these numbers coming during his rehab in Arizona. Still, DeLauter hit well in High-A once he was healthy and on the field and was pretty good in the AFL. The results were there for excitement if they hold true.

OF 3: Jaison Chourio: .321/.417/.528, .13 2B, HR, 20/22 SB, .425 wOBA, 132 wRC+,

Most of the damage Chourio did was in the Arizona Rookie League, so these results are fairly hard to take, and I admit this spot could be a bit of name value. But there weren’t many big performances to choose from and this all came in Chourio’s age 18 season. If he had done this in Low-A all year it would have been more impressive but it still stands out in 2023 in this system.

DH: Jonathan Rodriguez: .286/.368/.529, 26 2B, 29 HR, .393 woBA, 135 wRC+

Putting Rodriguez at DH was the most logical choice since all three ahead of him here were better defenders than he is, even though he has a good am. But he did produce some of the best numbers in the system this past year between Double-A and Triple-A. There was still a question of his approach in the minors at both levels, especially when he got to Triple-A, but he still produced in a way to take notice and see what this might turn into.

RHP: Trenton Denholm: 91.1 IP, 3.16 ERA/3.18 FIP, 21.2 K%, 5.7 BB%

There weren’t a lot of big performance chances among right handed pitchers in the system, but Denholm has a solid year with his FIP matching his ERA. He didn’t miss many bats but he had better control and success in 2023, and perhaps this can be a building block season for him going into 2024.

LHP: WIll Dion: 116.1IP, 2.39 ERA/2.86 FIP, 27.9 K%, 7.6 B%

Easily the best pitcher in the Guardians system in 2023. Despite only being able to hit 91-92 on the radar gun, he’s got two above average secondaries, and he’s missing bats in Double-A with that stuff. It’s hard to now how that velocity is going to play going forward but there’s no denying what he was able to do in 2023.

RP: Franco Aleman: 55IP, 3.10 ERA/2.50 FIP, 36.1 K%, 7.7 BB%

This was one area where Cleveland had a few good candidates to go with here. But Aleman got a promotion to Double-A with very questionable numbers at High-A, then took off big time in Double-A, not allowing an earned run his entire time there 0.00 ERA; 24 INN; 38 K; 5 W; 9 H. He made some errors that led to unearned runs and wasn’t able to pitch a ton due to availability at times. But he was flat out dominant stuff wise and Double-A hitters couldn’t touch him.

<
-- Bob Feller

BRAYAN ROCCHIO

GUARDIANS PROSPECT REPORT

12/16/23

Brayan Rocchio (La Guaira, SS): Game 1; Did Not Play in LaGuaira's 6-1 win over Zulia

(Puig hit his 7th homer - he's on a tear hitting for an average of .459 and 16 RBI's in 11 games)

Brayan Rocchio (La Guaira, SS): Game 2; 3-4; 2 R; 1 Double (5); 1 DP, 0 E In LaGuaira's 4-1 win over Zulia to sweep the double header; Rocchio with 3 hits in 2 consecutive games. Rocchio now hitting for an average of .372

Rocchio was the only Guardians participant on the day

SHARKS SWEEP A DOUBLEHEADER AGAINST ÁGUILAS AND ACHIEVED SIXTH VICTORY IN A ROW

12/17/2023

Andrés Espinoza Anchieta | LVBP Press

Caracas.-

Unstoppable. This is how the Tiburones de La Guaira are in this ninth week of the season, in which they still do not know defeat, after sweeping a doubleheader against the Águilas del Zulia with a 4-1 victory in the second game this Saturday in the Luis Aparicio "El Grande" Stadium from Maracaibo, to reach six consecutive wins.

The starter for the visitors was Ángel Padrón, who left without a decision after a solid work of four complete innings, in which he allowed two hits and one run. Padrón had problems with his control, walking four, but he managed to limit the damage and strike out three of his opponents.

Upon leaving the game, Eduardo Paredes (2-1) took the reins on the mound and ended up scoring the win with a performance of two scoreless innings giving up a walk. The Dominican Jojanse Torres obtained his third save of the championship by working a ninth inning in which he gave two hits, but prevented the Zulians from scoring.

Offensively, Tiburones attacked from the very first inning, when a single by Maikel García drove in Brayan Rocchio with the first run of the game.

In the third, García appeared again with a ground ball to first base, which was enough for Franklin Barreto to cross the plate.

A sacrifice fly by José Pirela provided the only run for Zulia, who saw La Guaira regain the two-run lead during a fourth inning in which Alcides Escobar hit an RBI single.

The icing on the cake was placed by Wilson García with a sacrifice fly to right field driving in Rocchio.

The Cleveland Guardians major leaguer finished the game 3-for-4, with two runs scored, while Maikel García went 1-for-3 with his two RBIs.

"Super happy. The chemistry that is seen on the field is impressive and we are up for many good things," Rocchio told the sharks' press department. "We have to make the routine plays, that's what's important, what helps win games, as well as giving it your all."

The sharks clung to third place in the standings with their victory, which placed their record at 26-22 in the current tournament. The Zulia, in turn, fell to 21-27, in second-to-last place in the standings.

Both teams will meet again on Sunday, in what will be the last duel between them in the regular season.

"The entire team is always in communication, we are aware of the game and that is what keeps us focused. "We have to continue on the path we are going on with a view to achieving the objective of qualifying for post season," said Rocchio.

iN FIGURES

Yasiel Puig finished 0-3 and his string of games with a hit ended at 12. The Cuban closed a day without connecting for at least one hit for only the third time in his 18 games in the LVBP so far

This was the second game in a row in which Brayan Rocchio had three hits.

<

Guardians News: Brayan Rocchio's Strong Winter League Stats

Cleveland Guardians infielder Brayan Rocchio is hitting .333 with a .922 OPS (Does Not Include Saturday's game) in the Venezuelan Winter League.

TOMMY WILD17 HOURS AGO

CLEVELAND GUARDIANS

No baseball games are being played here in Cleveland this winter, but there are still many competitive games happening around the world as the Winter Leagues take place during MLB's offseason.

Brayan Rocchio is one of several Cleveland Guardians who are participating in leagues around the globe. He's playing for the Tiburones de La Guaira in the Venezuelan Winter League.

The middle infielder has been putting up pretty impressive numbers so far which should make all Guardians fans smile.

Rocchio has played 13 games so far this season and has posted a slash line of .333/.409/.513 with an OPS of .922. These stats include five RBI, four doubles, and a homer as well. He's only struck out five times through his 39 at-bats and has walked two times.

Some of his highlights include this two-run moonshot on December 8 and a three-hit performance a week later on December 15.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1733326558813716876

MOONSHOT

These numbers deserve some recognition considering where the Guardians stand in their current search for Andres Gimenez's middle infield partner.

Rocchio played in six games at third base and 18 games at shortstop during the 2023 regular season. There's no question that he has the defensive ability to be a solid big-league player, but the offense is where the biggest question mark lies.

Cleveland fans should keep a close eye on Rocchio's Winter League campaign through the rest of the season. Rocchio's chances of cracking the 2024 Opening Day roster will increase if he continues to put together these big numbers and carries that into Spring Training.

<
-- Bob Feller

Joe:

do you want to repost that Best Prospects story in Minor League folder?

I though some other SS had good seasons. Rocchio's power was down but he still looked a solid major leaguer. Tena was OK. If you want to dig deep. try
Welbyn Francisco 17 year old who hit .316 .419 .500 .919 down in the Dominican League.
That doesn't discount the nice season Devers had with a nice mix of power 11 homers and speed 34 steals but he doesn't show on any top 30 lists. Then again perhaps your next Jose Ramirez of the Future possibility Joe

As for RHP, Denholm's stats are based on 77 IP in High A mostly in the bullpen.
Why does that top Tanner Burns 3.01 in AA?
But otherwise, unfortunately he's right, with Justin Campbell out all year and Bibee and Gavin Williams having graduated; and a possible breakout Jack Leftwich being pretty erratic it was not a good year for RHP. [on the other hand, if he could pick Bo as his catcher, he could pick Williams as his pitcher]

Dayan Frias (Monteria, SS): 0-2, 1 BB,1 HBP - Dayan's 7 game hitting streak came to an end. He did walk and got hit-by-pitch.

Gabriel Arias (Santurce, SS): 1-5, 1 RBI, 1 K -

Johnathan Rodriguez (Carolina, LF): 0-3, 1 BB,1 K

TEAMS                                             W    L     T  PCT  GB
1	Caimanes de Barranquilla        17   14   0  .548     0
2	Leones de Barranquilla           16   16     0 .500   1.5
2	Vaqueros de Monteria            16   16     0 .500   1.5
4	Tigres de Cartagena                14   17     0 .452     3
Dominican Republic:

Estrellas qualify for the round robin against the Toros
Fernando Tatis Jr., lead the attack, with a home run and three RBIs

Venezuela

The West defeated the East in the All Star game played on Monday. With a total of 17 hits, the West ended up winning by a score of 9-2 over the East.

https://www.lvbp.com/gameday.php?game=762332

BOXSCORE

Puerto Rico

An error by shortstop Gabriel Arias after a hit by Osvaldo “Ozzie” Martínez in the tenth inning left the Cangrejeros de Santurce on the field and gave the Leones de Ponce a victory, 2-1, in their home, the Francisco Stadium. “Paquito” Montaner.

<
-- Bob Feller

Guardians Prospects Report

12/19/23

Bryan Lavastida C (Estrellas): 0-for-3, E, 3 K. Rough day for Bryan.

Brayan Rocchio SS (Tiburones): 1-for-3, 2 R, BB, E (3) - Tigres defeated Tiburones 7-3 and took over 5th place. It was the last game of the season between both teams. The first third of the game was dominated by the pitchers, Guillermo Moscoso for Tigres and Junior Guerra for Tiburones, they kept the hitters at bay. In the fourth inning, Sharks opened the scoreboard. Brayan Rocchio reached base on a walk, reached third on a single by Maikel García and scored on a ground ball into a double play by Leonardo Reginatto. Rocchio singled to center field in the sixth and scored the game’s tying run. The Tigres achieved their third straight victory and leaves its record at 24-25, maintaining fifth place in the standings. La Guaira is now fourth with a record of 26-24.

Johnathan Rodriguez LF (Carolina): 1-for-2, RBI, SF. The Carolina Giants fell, 7-2, to the Leones de Ponce. Ponce achieves its second consecutive victory and its third victory in its last five games. Their record is 15-16 and in fourth place. The Giants remain in second position with a 20-12 record. The Giants scored their second run of the game in the bottom of the fifth inning, Bryan Torres scored on a sacrifice fly by Johnathan Rodríguez.

<
-- Bob Feller

December 20

Colombia:

Dayan Frias (Monteria, SS Game 1) : 2-4, 1 RBI, 359 AVE - flied out in the 1st, singled in the 2nd, grounded out in the 4th, rbi single in the 6th, VAC 6 Tig 1

Dayan Frias (Monteria, SS Game 2) : 0-1, 2 W, 1 RBI, 359 AVE - walked and scored on a FC in the 1st, grounded out in the 2nd, intentionally walked in the 4th, flied out in the 6th, VAC 3 TIG 7

Dominican Republic:

Mexico:

Milan Tolentino (Mexicali DH Game 1) 0-0, MXC 0 OBR 1

Milan Tolentino (Mexicali DH Game 2) 0-0, MXC 4 OBR 1

Puerto Rico:

Jonathan Rodriguez (Carolina LF) 0-2, CAR 0 CAG 7

Gabe Arias (Santurce SS) 0-4, 1K, 1E, SAN 1 PON 3

Venezuela:

<
-- Bob Feller

December 21

Colombia:

Dominican Republic:

Mexico:

Puerto Rico:

Jonathan Rodriguez (Carolina LF) 2-5, 1 R, 1 RBI CAR3 SAN 2

Giants leave the Cangrejeros on the field

by The Editorial

A single by the Giants outfielder, Johnathan Rodríguez, left the Cangrejeros de Santurce on the field and ensured an important victory for Carolina, 3-2, in the continuation of the winter tournament of the Roberto Clemente Professional Baseball League (LBPRC).

Rodríguez's hit also caused a tie for first place in the LBPRC. Now the Giants and the Crabs lead the league with a record of 21-13.

The Cangrejeros scored two runs in the first inning with three hits.

Thus, Delvin Pérez opened the bottom of the ninth inning with a single and Jan Hernández catapulted him to the plate with a double to center field. Hernández's hit tied the game 2-2 against reliever Matt Tenuta, who dominated the next two batters - Bryan Torres and Edrick Félix - with a strikeout and a fly to right field.

Then, Rodríguez connected the RBI hit of the winning run to the field in left.

Venezuela:

<
-- Bob Feller

December 22

Colombia:

Dayan Frias (Monteria SS) 1-3, 1 H, 1 W, .326 AVE VAC 1 CAI 7

Dominican Republic:

Mexico:

Puerto Rico:

Jonathan Rodriguez (Carolina LF) 1-3, 1 R, 1 H, 1 W, .262 AVE RA12 1 CAR 7

Venezuela:

Alexfri Planez (Caracas RF) 0-1, .111 AVE, Game 1 ZULIA 4 CARACAS 0

Brayan Rocchio (La Guaira SS) 1-3, 1 H, 1 K, .367 AVE La Guaira 2 Margarita 7

<
-- Bob Feller