Re: General Discussion

VT'er: When you posted this
What I'm looking for is the way to have as little vertical space wasted as possible. I chose a new skin / scheme / whatever (prosilver or some such) and it's a bit better (and I turned off user icons) but I'd really like to squeeze it as much as possible.
I figured you didn't like scrolling.

What I don't like is all the buttons and user info that is attached to every single post, which I personally would rather do without. (For example, I turn off user icons.) It's a waste of vertical space, for me. I am even tempted to learn how to create my own theme / skin /whatever to make the use of space as efficient as it was at world.crossing, but it may not be feasible.

But scrolling I can accomplish by, for example, the "page down" button on my keyboard, or maybe the wheel on my mouse, where as clicking to get to the next page requires a more complex mouse action (or possibly a bunch of tabbing).

If everyone else likes it this way then by all means leave it! But if you changed it for me, then (a) THANKS! and (b) feel free to change it back!

VTer:
I guess it depends on how many new posts you want to read each time. If the new posts are on top, and there are only a few below it, you don't have to scroll that much.

Have you tried mobile apps like skweezer? Your page would look like this:
http://www.skweezer.com/s.aspx/-/tribef ... 2&start=60

I personally don't like scrolling. But once everyone gets here, and we are using this as our only forum, I will run a poll to see how many posts/page people like. It' set at 10 now, but I could make it any number up to 100.

Does chat even work at WC? You can send private messages here, though.

And, as I was about to post this, I got this message:
POST REVIEW
At least one new post has been made to this topic. You may wish to review your post in light of this.

It also showed your post.
Could be useful!

J.R. wrote:DONNA:
On the very left, next to each topic.
Looks like this:
You will also see this
next to it if there are new posts.
If you click the new post icon, it should take you to your first unread post in that topic. I don't think that we'll have to archive topics like we did at WC.