Re: Fantasy Ball

rusty2 wrote:My draft was OK but hard to rely on injury prone players.
Honestly, TFIR, one of the things that bugs me the most about our leagues is the lack of IR spots on our bench. Injuries happen constantly in every sport. We should have 1 or 2 IR spots on our bench in every league to help us deal with them.

I noticed the hockey league you set up has an IR spot on the bench. As many injuries as there are in hockey I wish we had a couple. But we should start adding an IR spot in the other sports too. Maybe 2 in football as well as hockey. 1 in baseball and basketball....

:?: What do you think? :?:

Sergei Bobrovsky just placed on IR. My second player injured in like the last 4 days. Had to cut Cam Atkinson a few days ago after he took a skate to the face. Rough sport. Every team has a lot of injuries. Just saying.

Dunno why I bother saying, TFIR never replies anymore, but just saying any way. ;)

Biggest surprise of the season. From 1-5 to 7-5 ! Kind of shocked myself...........

Surprisingly, I played the top 6 teams record wise during that stretch. Including the mighty, mighty, WarPigs who lead the league record wise and points wise.

Still feel bad for Dude Abides !

He should start a petition among us to change to a points league next year. Or do 2 leagues, one of each. Fantasy football is far easier than other sports. You can just check your team once a week if you want. I'll have to remember to ask him next fall. I'd do a 2nd league, points league, with him.

Ok, as you guys know I don't hang much in this forum in the offseason, so sorry HB. You can always email me.

However, in the football league, I am sure there IS an IR spot for every team.

If you check league settings you will see it.

As far as basketball, they don't allow IR for fantasy basketball.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Oh, I didn't know you didn't hang around here, TFIR. I'll shoot you an email in future.

On the football IR ... Really? Does a guy have to be ruled out before you can place him on IR or something? Cause I know I've had guys hurt before and tried it and there was no IR available. ... I just went and tried it for Larry Fitzgerald and no IR showed up. Sometimes a guy isn't ruled out until gametime so that's a shame. Not your fault of course.

I'm guessing that the player has to actually be on IR to be rostered as IR. They can not just miss the game. Just like the baseball DL slot.

Football IR is kind of useless because that usually means but not always that they are done for the season.

Baseball is ready to be started up. Thinking about options for this year.

I've found it to be fun to do pay leagues. By pay league I mean managers putting in something modest, say $20, to have an overall pot of $200 or so. Then give prizes for 1st, 2nd and maybe 3rd.

And sometimes this can be done in a head to head format like football. 1 week increments.

Just tossing these around in my head and welcome feedback. Most of you know I do other leagues than the Tribe forum one so one possibility is just keeping this as is.

Pay leagues do tend to clear up the problem of manager inactivity. And it's fun to have some incentive. Again, any suggestions?
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain