Re: Idle Chatter

Thanks, Loufla. I'll remember to go looking for it. Sounds like good late night faire.

Last night I surfed and found a movie from 1975 starring Jeff Bridges, Andy Griffith and Blythe Danner. I bit and was glad I did.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073096/

Hearts of the West

It's about an naive Iowa farm boy who wants to be a writer of westerns. He heads west to find the home campus of a correspondence school for aspiring writers and crosses paths with two mostly hapless crooks and accidentally ends up with their fraudulently obtained loot. He wanders onto a 1920's desert movie shoot and ends up being a player in the 1920's motion picture industry. Very well done with comedic moments. After watching, I support most of the thoughts expressed in the imdb.com reviews. I have it bookmarked to watch again with my wife.

TFISC- First I've heard of the Kesey film Thanks.

Also- I flipped it on by accident, but what luck, as I watched that final 45 minutes of the USA Womens Soccer team victory over Brazil. Very exciting, rabbit out of the hat win for the USA.

Hoorah!
" I am not young enough to know everything."

We closed our local county fair here this evening. It's always a bit melancholy for me, and my wife.

Three weeks of a "staycation," essentially within walking distance.

We sandwiched fair standard "Terry Hanck" and his blues band in the Wine Garden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4iIneA4yVY

We sandwiched his band with Tracy Lawrence in the main amphitheater this evening.

Tracy Lawrence was worth every penny, we paid. Essentially zero.

Our last act of this year's fair was to remove my wife's photo exhibits, and then to depart the gates as the 16 year old "gate keeper" asked if we needed a stamp to get back in......30 minutes before the fair closed for the year.

Actually, the Tracy Lawrence show was very well done, and it sounds like he has at least a better than average musical release coming within a couple weeks.

J.R. wrote:Going through some old stuff...
JR, thanks for the share.

I still have my "Bad Boys" t-shirt from 1995 I make it a point to wear when working out at least once every three weeks of workouts.

I wash it with like articles, in cold water, and on gentle cycle.

I have another t-shirt I like from a beach bar in a rare remote beach spot of California.

That shirt displays the name of the poker bar, and "Liquor in the front, poker in the rear" on the back.

I take less great care of THAT t-shirt. Still glad I have it though.

I wear it to wine tastings out here with my wife.

[quote="Tribe Fan in SC/Cali"]John Boy and Billy had a hysterical Lorena Bobbitt parody song to the tune of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" several years ago.

The Weenie Whacker Song

(To the tune of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight")

In the bedroom...the quiet bedroom
The Bobbitt sleeps tonight...
In the kitchen...the downstairs kitchen
Loraina grabs her knife...

(chorus)
Weenie wacker weenie wacker
Weenie wacker weenie wacker

Slashed his pee pee...his tiny pee pee
It left a nasty scar
Stuck his rocket into her pocket
And drove off in the car...

(repeat chorus)

Out the window...the Nissan window
She threw his shuttlecock
Then the cops came and found the unit
And outlined it with chalk...

(repeat chorus )

In the cooler...the Playmate cooler
They packed it up real tight
the doctor patched it...and reattached it
It still don't work quite right...

(repeat chorus )

And in Cleveland area news....

Lorain County bear owner Sam Mazzola found dead with bondage restraints, sex toy in mouth

Posted: 8:38 PM

Last Updated: 22 minutes ago

By: Associated Press

COLUMBIA STATION, Ohio - An Ohio pathologist says an exotic-animal keeper found dead in his waterbed was face down, tied with bondage restraints and had obstructions over his nose and mouth.

Dr. Frank P. Miller III at the Lorain County coroner's office tells The Associated Press on Tuesday that Sam Mazzola was asphyxiated in an apparent accident during sexual role-play. Miller says Mazzola had a sex toy in his mouth, wore a mask and was chained to the bed.

An employee found the 49-year-old Mazzola dead Sunday. The manner of his death is pending further investigation.

A bear owned by Mazzola killed an employee who opened its cage for feeding last year at the Mazzola home in Columbia Station, where wolves and tigers also were kept. Columbia Station is about 15 miles outside Cleveland.

Watched a documentary titled 'Chang' on TCM the other day. Filmed in the jungle of Siam back in the 1930s by Meriam Cooper, same guy that did 'King Kong.

Chang is a story about a family surviving life in the Siam jungle, battling tigers and particularly 'Chang' AKA elephants. The footage of those animals is stunning and real.

Not something I would have picked out to watch, but it proved to me a mesmerizing experience.
" I am not young enough to know everything."

I almost watched a PBS documentary about girl basketball teams from five schools in "rural Montana" this evening in their individual quests for a State Championship. I wanted to learn the writer definition of "rural Montana."

PBS worth watching.

My wife preferred "Criminal Minds."

She won.

As long as she and my daughter keep telling me I remind them of character Spencer Reid, I'll happily play along.

I was angling for some Shemar Moore accolades and my wife did eventually acknowledge that I might scare the heck out of some people on occasion.