Re: General Discussion

He doesn't pitch often but he's not bad when he's occasionally healthy. N.B The limited innings are from a starter, not a reliever.

2014 2.91 in 43 innings
2013 6.04 in 44 innings, OK not so good that year
2012 2.57 in 35 innings
2011 4.00 in 83 innings
2010 2.80 in 111 innings
2009 4.06 in 175 innings as a 21 year old rookie

I don't remember him, which I guess is because I'm not a doctor but a baseball fan.

The unique thing about the situation with the Tribe, they don't need a single change in their entire pitching staff.

Personally, I wouldn't want a single starting pitcher to be different. They are all young, already good and improving. If Carrasco and Salazar pitch like they did in the 2nd half, even resemble, our top 3 have the chance to be startlingly good. And House was really good as well, leaving Bauer to simply be an adequate 5th, which it looks like he can do.

I mean really, where would you improve this staff? Bullpen?
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Ok, we all know the lineup on the field CAN use a substantial upgrade....

David Murphy - OF - Indians

Terry Pluto of the Cleveland Plain Dealer expects the Indians to "work hard" to trade David Murphy.

The Indians have three left-handed hitting outfielders following the addition of Brandon Moss, which could make the lefty-swinging Murphy expendable. Murphy missed some time due to injury last season, batting .262/.319/.385 with eight homers over 462 plate appearances. He'll make $6.5 million in 2015 in the final year of his contract.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

I mean really, where would you improve this staff? Bullpen?
Depth, since you never know who will regress or who will be injured.
Can't expect Kluber to be Cy Young winner again.
Carrasco can't be as nearly perfect as he was for the last six weeks.
House is very likely to be another one of those lefties who has a good first season and never another one [see Sowers, Laffey, Huff, et al.]
I think Bauer is going to take a step up and be much better than a fifth starter.
Salazar needs to show he can stay at the top of his game for a full season.

As current depth starters:
Tomlin can pitch in the majors, but he's no better than a 5th starter. Too many home runs.
McAllister looks he's a reliever, not a starter.
The only other depth is from Cloyd and Brewer. I'd like another lefty.
AA's best arm Cody Anderson had an ERA way up in the 5.00+ range.

ESPN's Buster Olney reports that the Dodgers have signed left-hander Brett Anderson to a one-year, $10 million contract.
Anderson could make an additional $4 million with incentives. It's hard to imagine anyone else came close to this offer given the southpaw's injury history, but the Dodgers can afford to take risks. Anderson was limited to just eight starts this past season and required surgery in August to repair a bulging disk in his lower back, but he doesn't turn 27 until February. There's some upside if he somehow manages to stay off the disabled list. Of course, we say that every year.

Related: Dodgers
Source: Buster Olney on Twitter
Dec 15 - 5:19 PM