Re: General Discussion

Chisenhall is still a long ways from having at bats to qualify among league leading hitters but here's how good he's been:

He is 20 total plate appearances short of qualifying but if you added 20 at bats with no hits to his current total, he'd be hitting .324 which would rank him 5th in the league currently.

Put me on record as having huge sympathy for Tampa, worst record in majors and in a free fall. Can't imagine, after those good years, how a huge crash like this is affecting that team and area.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

And 1 1/2 out of the wild card. And 2 out of last in the Central. Everyone may finish 81-81 this year.
I've been posting that since the season started. The only team I wasn't sure of was the Twins. Thus far, they are showing that they can't be discounted.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

So after his little effort last night, Chisenhall now would win the batting title if the season ended today, although he's still 18 plate appearances short of qualifying. This has come up before and they add the 18 at bats he is short and add no hits to his total which would still yield a batting average of 346 which beats out the "official" league leader Alex Rios by a good eleven points.