Re: Cleveland Cavaliers

Thanks rusty - I read this today:

Out since Dec. 15 while recovering from a fractured jaw that prevented him from doing any kind of physical exertion, Garland took the first major step forward in his recovery Monday, when doctors removed the wiring from his mouth and gave him the green light for on-court work.

Garland was spotted warming up for about 20 minutes with his teammates prior to the Cavaliers' 109-91 win over the Bulls on Monday, and he's gradually expected to increase the intensity of his workouts in the days to come before being cleared for game action.

According to Fedor, Garland is likely to need about a week to get back into playing shape after the extended absence, so fantasy managers shouldn't expect the point guard to make his return to the lineup until the latter half of the Cavaliers' upcoming four-game road trip.

The Cavaliers will begin the road swing Saturday in Atlanta before facing the Magic next Monday and the Bucks in Milwaukee on Jan. 24 and 26.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Seems like when Garland and Mobley come back they need to play opposite of Mitchell and Allen for the first 3 quarters.

Mark, if Craig Porter Jr ever gets traded somewhere he can get minutes jump on that guy, Cavs have too many point guards that need the ball. Mitchell, Garland, LeVert and Porter Jr. Merrill can play there also.

Cavs look pretty good without him. I like Strus and Okoro at small forward. They're pretty well fixed for ballhandlers too. I certainly like LaVert the way he's being used this year too. Is this team more ready than last year's for the playoffs? Lots more 3's and good ball movement. Enough strength inside?

Deadline for deals this week, so reports on past deals

Fourth-worst deadline deal: 03/15/2012

Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions, Christian Eyenga
Cavaliers acquire Luke Walton, Jason Kapono, 2012 first-round pick, 2013 pick swap
You may remember back in 2012, Ramon Sessions to the Lakers was a big deal on the internet. Some people thought it would be the boost the Lakers needed to win another title. Instead, the distributing point guard played 23 solid games in the regular season and was mediocre in the playoffs as they lost in the second round to OKC. Sessions left the Lakers for the Bobcats that summer.
Cleveland received next to nothing in return. That 2012 first-round pick became Jared Cunningham (24th overall), and the pick swap eventually helped land Steve Nash, who sort of disappointed.

apparently they are posting one a day so the 3rd 2nd and 1st Worst and Best are coming later this week

My Number One Cavaliers deadline deal is the trade that basically boiled down to:
No One for Jarrett Allen.

The full details were:
The Cleveland Cavaliers have acquired center Jarrett Allen and forward Taurean Prince from the Brooklyn Nets as part of a three-team trade that also includes the Houston Rockets, Cavaliers General Manager Koby Altman announced from Cleveland Clinic Courts. In exchange, Cleveland is sending guard Danté Exum and a 2022 unprotected first round draft pick via Milwaukee to Houston, and the lesser of Utah and Cleveland’s 2024 second round draft picks to Brooklyn. The Cavaliers have also acquired from Brooklyn the draft rights to Aleksandar Vezenkov, who was selected by the Nets with the 57th overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft.

It appears that the 1st round pick wound up back with Milwaukee and got them Marjon Beauchamp. It looks like he scored 19 for the Bucks once; and he recently scored 36 for their G league team.
Exum never played for Houston. He's getting some playing time with the Mavs this year after 2 seasons in Spain
Cleveland's second of two 2024 2nd round picks is going to be just about the end of the draft.

Prince averaged 10 for the Cavs for the last couple months of 2021 season. Then he was traded to Minnesota: for point guard Ricky Rubio, a 2022 second-round draft pick and cash considerations.

so not just did we get All Star center who's still only 25 years old. We got a year plus of Ricky Rubio. We got a 2nd round pick and traded a second round pick.
We gave up an injured player and a low 1st rounder who in this case hasn't developed into a NBA player.