Re: GameTime!™

Been a lot of fun this year but it is time to send Brennan, Freeman and Schneeman back to AAA. Rocchio and Bo Naylor need to be told they are next if they do not start hitting.

Hard to believe that Thomas can hit this bad. He absolutely does not actually see the ball.

Personally, in the offseason I would trade Josh Naylor if I could get any controllable starting pitcher. The Naylor boys seem to have a problem when they have any competition. Josh has had a red arse ever since the FO traded for his replacement. (Manzardo) Josh says all the right things but his hottest streak of the year was when they sent Manzardo back down. Still hard to believe that Vogt could not find one start for Manzardo at first base when he was up.

rusty2 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 5:08 pm Been a lot of fun this year but it is time to send Brennan, Freeman and Schneeman back to AAA. Rocchio and Bo Naylor need to be told they are next if they do not start hitting.

Hard to believe that Thomas can hit this bad. He absolutely does not actually see the ball.

Personally, in the offseason I would trade Josh Naylor if I could get any controllable starting pitcher. The Naylor boys seem to have a problem when they have any competition. Josh has had a red arse ever since the FO traded for his replacement. (Manzardo) Josh says all the right things but his hottest streak of the year was when they sent Manzardo back down. Still hard to believe that Vogt could not find one start for Manzardo at first base when he was up.
Some good takes there rusty. For sure it's time to recall Manzardo and whomever has to go just has to go. The Bo Naylor experiment so far is a failure - I like the kid's swing and we know his approach in general looked good coming into the season but it's the end of August and he has not hit. In addition to Manzo they have to think about Brito and we know Arias is tearing it up in AAA another shot for him.

Teams often go into slumps together and Jose - the leader - is in a pretty good slump himself so some of this is to be expected. But at the least I'd like to see Manzo and Arias back up.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

I agree Rusty with trading J Naylor this offseason. I know his numbers look solid, but man he has not been good. I can't believe no one mentions how bad he is defensively. I don't think he's scooped an infielders throw all season. Offensively, he swings at every pitch and pitchers know it. He is not helping protect Jose.

His body is an injury waiting to happen, so I don't believe he will receive an extension from Cleveland. Typical time for the front office to trade...year before free agency.

Freeman is 2-29 in August. Schneeman is not as bad as I though, 7-31 with 600 OPS but I second [third] the motion to send them back to Columbus. Arias and Manzardo are the logical replacements. Brennan has been pretty decent since he returned so'd he hold onto to him. Thomas is amazingly bad; no idea if he is historically streaking or why he has stopped hitting once he moved to Cleveland.

A longish term replacement for Bo is Cooper Ingle, drafted 4th round last year, spent a bit of 2023 and this year through a couple weeks ago in Lake County and when he left he was leading the league in hitting and on base pct. In Akron he's 7-24 with 2 doubles and a homer 7 walks and 6 strikeouts: 292/452/500\
His defense is considered somewhat behind his offense. He "has the makings of an average receiver and enhances so-so arm strength with a quick release"

they also drafted Jake Cozart, a NCState catcher in the 2nd round this year.
They are obviously keeping their options open