Re: General Discussion

gaylord perry wrote:I wouldn't go to the games in April either! It gets freaking cold out there at night especially!

The other site is not working well today.
Seems to be back up now.

I agree, GAYLORD. I was thinking about going to the Red Sox game on Thursday @ noon, but the forecast calls for 50º and rain.

gaylord perry wrote:It's been raining all day her on the east side. Tomorrow looks like it's just supposed to be cl0oudy. I hope they get to play tonight.
But it's a light rain. I think they will get the game in. Otherwise, it will be a DH tomorrow. They already have a nooner scheduled.

Forecast as of 3:56 PM EDT on April 6, 2011

Tonight

Showers likely...mainly this evening. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows around 40. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph... becoming southeast after midnight. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Thursday

Mostly cloudy. Highs in the lower 50s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Manny Ramirez has announced his retirement, according to a statement released by Major League Baseball.

Ramirez, who was suspended for 50 games in 2009 for violating MLB's drug policy, was recently notified that there was a new issue relating to the policy.

"Rather than continue with the process under the program, Ramirez has informed MLB that he is retiring as an active player," the statement says. "If Ramirez seeks reinstatement in the future, the process under the Drug Program will be completed. MLB will not have any further comment on this matter."

Ramirez was 1-for-17 with the Tampa Bay Rays this season, his first after signing as a free agent. He finishes his 19-year career with 555 home runs, 1,831 RBI and a .312 average.