Re: Idle Chatter

I agree! I got a bit choked up myself.

I put a little money on him and Dustin Johnson to win the PGA Championship while I wAs here too. (15-1 and 10-1 respectively.)

Some dude laid 850 K on Tiger here, won over 2 mill. (He placed his bet later than me so hadworse odds. I think it was 8-5)

Pretty Cool -

Cuyahoga named River of the Year
Today 12:01 AM
The Cuyahoga River has been named the River of the Year by American Rivers.

By Laura Johnston, cleveland.com

CLEVELAND, Ohio – To celebrate 50 years of environmental resurgence, the Cuyahoga River has been named “River of the Year” by American Rivers.

The Washington D.C.-based conservation organization works to protect wild rivers, restore damage rivers and advocate for clean water.

For more than 30 years, the organization annually has named 10 endangered rivers, including this year Big Darby Creek in Columbus.

The Cuyahoga has never been named to the endangered list. But it’s being honored for its role in sparking the modern environmental movement after the 1969 fire.

“May other cities draw inspiration from Cleveand’s story, and may we all work together to spark an urban river renaissance nationwide,” American Rivers President Bob Irvin. “Because everyone in our country deserves clean water and a healthy river."

More than 300 Northeast Ohio organizations are planning events to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the June 22 fire and the transformation of the river from an open sewer to an active fishery and watersports playground.

More than 60 fish species thrive in the river, which hosts kayakers, stand-up paddleboards and oodles of rowers from April through November.

Irvin said the clean-up has revitalized Cleveland, and he hopes it inspires Americans across the country.

“When we’re smart enough to stop polluting river or stop diverting a river or take down dams, … rivers can come back to life and they can do that amazingly quickly,” Irvin said.

Big Darby Creek is listed on the group’s endangered rivers list because of proposals to develop thousands of acres of farmland around the national scenic river.

“The zone would literally straddle Big Darby Creek and critically imperil the health of the river,” says American Rivers.

Said Irvin: “It’s an amazingly important stream for city of Columbus.”

Want more Lake Erie and Cuyahoga River news? Follow RocktheLake on Facebook.

For Rusty or any other Browns fan here. I’d better not share this in Browns forum ...

ADKINSra 6964 posts
2 hours ago
VIP
Gerald McCoy visiting the Browns, wearing orange

-

ADKINSra 6964 posts
3 hours ago
VIP
.....Gerald McCoy has been compelled from the onset to take a few visits to get a feel of those in question.

As of 12:00 EST, McCoy, GM John Dorsey and HC Freddie Kitchens have toured the facility, spoken individually and as a threesome. DC Steve Wilkes is in the building and have been told a few players have greeted McCoy.

The Browns would like to get something done with the player while he is visiting and the 'feeling' within the building is excitement and the player is said to be having a good time.

With 100% certainty, the Browns have discussed their vision with the player and agent --- the Browns are aware of 'what' the player is seeking in compensation and 'role.

-

SOBOdawg 54612
2 hours ago
VIP
Baker Mayfield stayed in town to help recruit defensive tackle Gerald McCoy, per source. The two sat down together away from coaches and front office personnel to discuss possibilities

-

JaredKMueller 2095 posts
34 minutes ago
via Mobile
VIP
I’m told McCoy is signing with the Browns

-

SOBOdawg 54612
30 minutes ago
I've been told the same

While we are waiting on trade deadline. Any of you guys read the book "I Heard You Paint Houses", about the mafia hitman?

If you haven't it's in paperback now. And it's really good. Written by a former US Attorney who became a lawyer and defended some mob guys. Ended up getting in deep with them and becoming friends. Got the inside story about some big murders. (don't want to give too much away)

https://www.amazon.com/Heard-You-Paint- ... way&sr=8-1

Well a Trailer just came out for the movie Martin Scorsese made about it. Starring De Niro, Pacino, Pesci, and Keitel. Are you shitting me?! Can't wait!

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/07/the-i ... 202161953/

Stipe Miocic has regained the UFC World Heavyweight Championship. Knocked Daniel Cormier out in the 4th round!

(Miocic is a fire fighter from Cleveland area who broke the record for most UFC heavyweight title defenses, before losing his title to Cormier. He wins the rematch. I was in Quicken Loans Arena the night he knocked out Allistair Overeem in front of home crowd. Place was nuts)

So I’ve taken my dogs to same groomer for years, she does an awesome job. But recently lost her so had to find someone else.

Went to new place, and our Pomeranian, I told the guy, we like his body cut short and then his head a little longer and poofier. He says he knows what I’m talking about, so we leave. We come back when he’s done, and our shih tzu’s look great. But I didn’t like the way our Pomeranian looked. He didn’t get him short enough for me.

So I make an appointment to come back, bring him back in and show the dude a picture of him after he was done once that we really liked. I said this is what I’m looking for. OK, got it, no problem.

Come back a few hours later and his body is cut shorter than I like, and he left his head as poofy as it was the first time.

Our Pomeranian looked like the Lion King.

Ridiculous, in other words.

So I’m tired of messing with this moron, so I decided, how hard can this be. Put an attachment on my old set of clippers and trim his head down myself.

Mistake.

Now my Pomeranian looks like a Chihuahua.

Twice now I’ve walked into the room and thought he was a rat and looked for something to bludgeon him with.

I’m in big trouble when my wife gets home.

If you guys don’t see me around for a while, or ever again, you now know why. My lady doesn’t have a huge temper, but she loves her dogs.

Ah man, Brian Dennehy died. Of natural causes, at 81.

He played many parts but I always preferred him as the bad guy, like in First Blood and Silverado.

A lot of famous people have been dying lately. Musical artists, athletes, and actors. Tom Dempsey, famous Saints kicker, is the only one I know of that was Wuhan Virus related.