Re: General Discussion

He is only going to be in Cleveland for one year anyway. This is about having control over a player that could be above average or having to compete in an unstable free agent market in a location that no one wants to play in.

This will not be a slam dunk decision unless they have already decided to pick up his option. Got to believe the urgency for current surgery was to help the Indians make a decision and I am assuming tells you that Sizemore wants the Indians to pick up the option.

Of course Sizemore wants the Indians to pick up the option because he won't get $9 million on the open market.

If he was healthy the option is a no brainer but, I really don't see the fascination of controlling a player that has no recent history of being able to stay off the disabled list, poor free agent market or not.

Like I said in an earlier post, discuss an incentive based contract and see what happens from there. If he wants to walk good luck him because he is not worth a guaranteed contract IMO.

The Indians window of opportunity looks like being open for the next 2 seasons. I'd rather not waste 1 year and $9 million of that window on an injury prone and mostly unproductive player.

In a market where Willingham and Crisp will get 7+ million and probably at least 2 years then Grady is worth 9 for his last year.

Hey, nothing wrong with asking for less but Sizemore will only take it if he wants to stay in Cleveland.

Sizemore will get very close to 9 million as a FA. Lots of teams want this guy. Lots of teams.

Lastings Milledge - OF - White Sox

Former White Sox OF Lastings Milledge has elected to become a minor league free agent.
Still just 26, Milledge made it up for just four at-bats with the White Sox this season but had a nice year for Triple-A Charlotte, hitting .295/.364/.441 with 12 homers and 27 steals over 444 at-bats. Though it's clear that he'll never match the hype he received as a prospect, Milledge has shown enough at the big league level that he should get a shot with someone again eventually.

Oct 7 - 12:14 PM

Felix Pie - OF - Orioles

Former Orioles OF Felix Pie has elected to become a minor league free agent.
The former top prospect is in need of a fresh start. Pie is a terrific athlete and has put up nice minor league numbers, but he's managed just a .249/.298/.374 batting line with 17 homers and 20 steals over 964 career major league at-bats. He'll have to settle for a minor league deal with someone but could easily make a team as a fourth or fifth outfielder. Pie will turn 27 in February.
Oct 7 - 12:10 PM

Let's see, first the grease ball Guillen leaves the country to go to Miami.

Then the Red Sox choke.

Then CC chokes again in the playoffs and the Yankees lose with Aroid striking out.

Then Charlie Manuel sits on his hands when he is not getting runners thrown out on the bases and loses with the greatest pitching staff in the playoffs.

What a great season ! Now if LaRussa could get sober everything would be great.

Rusty- If you could load a bit more ink and a little less vitriol in your cyberpen this would be a better place and you would be a better person.

Take this as advice from one who knows bitter rice when he tastes it.

Our season is finished and it wasnt bad given the circumstances. Get over it.

Our season is finished and it wasnt bad given the circumstances. Get over it.

Your problem is that you have no idea what you are talking about. Where did I write anything about our (your) season ? You need to stop giving people advice too. Seems like your panties are always in a wad. You act like everything is directed at you. It is not.