Re: Idle Chatter

My son had bugged to sign up for twitter. I had heard that it was hard to sign up.

It took 5 minutes to sign up and the info is great. By following the Indians, I check to see if the game is postponed. The info is more current than a google search. I get the Akron before leaving for Akron by following WAKR traffic.

Anyone not using it, may want to sign up.

Absolutely, Buck.

Unfortunately, my favorite Indians related account was just suspended for some reason.

A Tribe blogger named Todd Paquette was running an account, Indians In Depth, @tpaquette_IID

He had great information. Each night he would give an update of how the prospects were doing, and also the latest news and info on injuries or rumors or whatever. He was a great source of info. He definitely knew someone inside. He was always correct.

Last year he sent me a message that one of the Tribe PR guys sent him warning him to quit giving out so much inside info. He didn't stop, so makes me wonder if the Indians didn't complain to Twitter and get him booted off or something. He just all of a sudden disappeared a couple days ago.

The last tweet of his I saw was the info on Yandy Diaz x-ray being negative and him getting moved up to AAA. Hours before anybody else reported it.

Damn shame, hope he gets back on. If he does I will be sure to send you his info, Buck, cause you will definitely want to follow him.

About suspended accounts

In order to maintain a safe environment for users on Twitter, we may suspend accounts that violate the Twitter Rules. Common reasons for suspension may include:

Spam: Most of the accounts we suspend are suspended because they are spammy, or just plain fake, and they introduce security risks for Twitter and all of our users. These types of accounts are against our Twitter Rules. Unfortunately, sometimes a real person’s account gets suspended by mistake, and in those cases we’ll work with the person to make sure the account is unsuspended.

Account security at risk: If we suspect an account has been hacked or compromised, we may suspend it until it can be secured and restored to the account owner in order to reduce potentially malicious activity caused by the compromise.

Abusive Tweets or behavior: We may suspend an account if it has been reported to us as violating our Rules surrounding abuse. When an account engages in abusive behavior, like sending threats to others or impersonating other accounts, we may suspend it temporarily or, in some cases, permanently.

Buck, good news. I think my man is back. Looks like he started a different account.

Indians Prospective @IndiansPro

Give him a follow. You will not regret it.

J.R. Yeah I'm familiar with Twitter rules. It was nothing like that. All he does is post every night how the minor league teams done. How the prospects did. How the Tribe did. But he also posts information on transactions, injuries, etc. and sometimes it is items the Indians don't want released and would tick them off. They sent him a message telling him to stop and he forwarded it to me. I tried to grab it earlier to post it here but when his account was suspended it deleted all his direct messages to me as well.

I just wonder if that had anything to do with it cause he never does anything that is listed above. Ever. So I can't help but wonder if the franchise might have complained enough and got him booted. I dunno.

As far as the fighter ... I am a big fan of Stipe!! I have an autographed glove of his on my wall.

I was watching and rooting for him Saturday night, and went ape shit crazy when he won! Cleveland finally has a world championship!

He's a big Cleveland guy too. Has thrown out first pitch at Indians game. Big Browns and Cavs fan. He went to Cleveland State where he wrestled and played baseball. Great athlete. He lettered in 7 sports in high school. I think he grew up in Euclid if I remember correctly. Just a real good dude too. Really happy for him.

I just posted this in Browns forum, thought I might as well copy it here too in case any of you baseball fans who don't follow the Browns might be interested...

... speaking of ALS, have you guys heard the story of the California boy who many believe is Lou Gehrig reincarnated?

I listened to a 2 hour interview with his mother not long ago and was floored. Which as many of you may remember I take a huge interest in the strange and unexplained so I just love this kind of stuff.

But this wee little kid has this huge interest in baseball from a way young age. Then he starts telling his mom that he was a tall baseball player. Starts telling her stories of riding on trains and staying in hotels all the time. Saw a picture of Babe Ruth once and gets visibly angry and tells her he doesn't like that guy cause he was mean to him all the time. She takes him to Babe Ruth's house when he was a Yankee and they step out on back porch and he tells her that was where Babe smoked his cigars.

She shows him a pic of the 27 Yankees and he points to Lou Gehrig and says there I am. Describes jewelry that belonged to his family that was passed down, she finds the family members that owns it now and they tell her that some of the stuff he described is common knowledge cause it's on display, but some of the stuff he described nobody but few family members knew about.

Just all sorts of stuff that a little kid would never be able to know.

I'm telling you, mind blowing stuff.

Anyway, she has a book coming out about it, and it is pretty cheap if you think it might interest you.

https://www.amazon.com/Boy-Who-Knew-Too ... cathy+byrd

The kid started becoming famous for his love of baseball at the young age. Appeared in an Adam Sandler movie. Clayton Kershaw got him to throw out the first pitch at a Dodgers game. And Sandy Koufax has the picture of him doing it on his wall at home. Really cool story. The same people that has made those religious movies recently including "Miracles From Heaven" are making a movie about it. So if you're not a reader you may catch that.