Re: Idle Chatter

Charlie Sheen Rants - CBS Shuts Down 2 and a Half Men
Feb. 25, 2011 CBS Shuts down Two and Half Men for the rest of the production season and have had quite enough of Charlie Sheen’s problems. This comes during a time when Sheen is undergoing treatment for drug and alcohol abuse and the show was to resume production within days. Sheen says he is ready to go back to work when CBS shut down production for the rest of the year.

Sheen replied back with a rank against the show’s creator Chuck Lorne calling him a “clown” a “turd” and a “contaminated little maggot” and even made reference to Lorne’s jewishness calling him Chaim Levine.
The drugs, the prostitutes, the outbursts and all the bad publicity Charlie Sheen could muster has taken it’s toll on his work and career and the network will have no more of it.

Sheen wrote: “I urge all my beautiful and loyal fans who embraced the show for almost a decade to walk with me side-by-side as we march up the steps of justice to right this unconscionable wrong” Sheen wrote.

Sheen’s last radio show where he said crack is okay drew critics of his ability to be a drug counselor like Dr. Phil. He stated he did not need AA and called its members a bunch of sissies.
He said ” I have a disease? Bull___. I cured it with my brain.”

Charlie Sheen in the video interview with Alex Jones called Obama a “coward in a cheap suit”.
He went on to say “I’m dealing with fools and trolls” to Alex Jones.
“they lay down with their ugly wives in front of their ugly children and just look at their loser lives and they they look at me and say I can’t process it”.

He attacks the main stream media and the Vatican Assassins and high priests of Vatican Assassins.

gaylord perry wrote:The beans sound good, TFinSC! Let us know how they turn out, pleasre?

Gaylord, for my taste buds I loved them. Healthy and tasty.

Just a couple of things, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar was more than enough for the amount of sweetness I would want against the vinegar and mustard. I can't see using the larger amount he suggests some might want.

And usually I consider Great Northern Beans and Navy Beans pretty interchangeable. In this recipe though, I think the smoother texture of the Navy Beans would be preferred.

rocky raccoon wrote:Beatles, live , 1964:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdLc1yod ... re=related

"she was just 17"

One of the sexiest phrases of the modern English language. Truth be known, last time I "knew" a girl aged 17 I was aged 21....and she told me "she was just 18".

These days I'm happy to have a smart girl in a real short skirt. That would be my hot wife.

Credit to Jimmy Buffett on the "smart girl in a real short skirt" line.

Today is my mother in law's birthday. She is 14 years older than me.

I took her to a late lunch with my wife, my sister in law, and my niece and nephew.

My sister in law selected the restaurant. It was billed as "Italian" in the "not so Italian" East Bay of The Bay Area.

Growing up in my part of Northern Ohio spoiled me on my expectations of what I know as Italian dining.

This place wasn't too bad though.

I'm trying to get in top shape for 2011 baseball so I had the minestrone soup and a lettuce wedge with sliced tomatoes, carpaccio bits and crumbles of bleu cheese.

The waitress bantered well, and the house carafe of wine served the three wine drinkers in a cost efficient fashion.

After we had candles and cake and a fire in the fireplace back in our home, I took my wife to a wine tasting at the market very near our home.

They were pouring only wines from Italy today. I bought two bottles after bantering with the lady pouring. There was also good sports conversation with a regular guy who is an engineer in town and his attractive and smart Asian engineer wife.

The lady pouring the wine had to shut down promptly at 5PM to head to a personal event. She asked me to help her quickly clean up, and asked if I would cork the still open bottles and take them home so she would not have to worry about them.

I did.

It was a good day!

(the best is yet to come!)

Hey Donna.....

I got a letter from my gastroenterologist today.

He reminds that enough time has lapsed that my insurance company thinks they should pay for me to swallow one of those pills with the flashing lights and cameras.

Seems to me like Elvis just left the building yesterday.

My goal is to swallow this next one before The Tribe is out of the 2011 pennant race.

That will likely be just before I put the check in the mail to Uncle Sam on the afternoon of April 15.

Donnaj wrote:Cali, how lucky can one get?

And by default I had an acceptable day at the race track.

I picked one race to wager, the 5th at Golden Gate. I have access to race replays and watched the last two races of every horse in the field of 3 year olds. At least those that had raced before. There were a couple first time starters.

Jeff Gordon was in the lead at Phoenix, my guy A.J. Allmendinger was running well, and The Tribe still had the lead across the mountains from the NASCAR track over in Goodyear.

I raced to the OTB and tossed down my bet and headed home to see Gordon win the race and for Allmendinger to get a Top Ten.

I checked the results charts for Golden Gate Fields online, and noticed my selected horses did not both finish in the top 3 as I needed them to be a winner. But then I checked to see where the heck one of my horses finished, and it turned out he did not. For some reason he was a scratch in the last five minutes from post parade to gate.

So all of my tickets were "winners." I drove back to the OTB and got all my $$ back on a bet that would not have been a winner anyhow because the horse who did run finished out of the money.

I was happy to take it.