SAC FLIES 7TH
HBP 1
STEALS 4TH
CAUGHT 3RD
WALKS 8TH
STRIKEOUTS 13TH

Re: General Discussion

I think Curry may be coming back to CLE
Through June 2 his ERA was 9.27 and homers were flying out in droves, 15 total.
Then 6-8 his line was 7 3 2 2 3 3 no homers
on 6-14 it was 6 5 1 1 1 4 no homers
started today and left after 2 scoreless innings.

Either he's hurt or he's on his way to join the Guardians

I have mentioned before that this team is essentially the same as last year and that the drama over Tito leaving encompassed the team for most of the season. Vogt has done a great job in plugging in players to get everyone playing time, something Tito did not do. This is a fun time to be a Guard's fan and I hope it continues all the way.

It is somewhat surprising that there is little mention or news involving Tito. Anyone think that is strange?
UD

It's always important for the past departed leader [of a company, a board, a team, an orchestra, etc.] to stay in the background and let the new boss run the show without any suggestion he's being second guessed. Tito is such a professional and a good guy that I am sure that if he is approached he says nothing, at least not on the record; and that if he is giving Vogt or the front office a helping hand in any way that he wants no publicity.
I would bet longtime writers like Hoynes orPluto have talked with him but everything is on "deep background"

civ ollilavad wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:56 pm It's always important for the past departed leader [of a company, a board, a team, an orchestra, etc.] to stay in the background and let the new boss run the show without any suggestion he's being second guessed. Tito is such a professional and a good guy that I am sure that if he is approached he says nothing, at least not on the record; and that if he is giving Vogt or the front office a helping hand in any way that he wants no publicity.
I would bet longtime writers like Hoynes orPluto have talked with him but everything is on "deep background"
You are probably right.
UD