Re: General Discussion

J.R. wrote:
TDU wrote:Although this makes me feel a little better:

hoynsie paul hoynes
Ubaldo Jimenez must pass physical for deal to be OK'd by Indians.
1 minute ago
Like I said, the Indians are not fools.
Hey I still have memories of that trade that involved Ben McDonald from the Brewers!

December 8, 1997: Traded by the Milwaukee Brewers with Mike Fetters and Ron Villone to the Cleveland Indians for Marquis Grissom and Jeff Juden.
March 11, 1998: Traded by the Cleveland Indians to the Milwaukee Brewers for Mark Watson.

Is this really the Cleveland Indians in action here?

Feeling of the experts on the XM baseball channel is that the Tribe wins the deal short term, Rockies in the long run. They feel Pomeranz and White project to be #2 & #3 SPs for a long time.

Deal only works long term for Indians if Jimenez goes back to being an ace(like his 15-1, 2.22 ERA stretch).
" I am not young enough to know everything."

I believe these moves mean the season is a failure if the Tribe doesn't win the Division this year.

Too much future to give away for a middle rotation guy.

But if Jimenez trends back upward, and the Tribe wins the Division, you gotta feel pretty good going into a playoff series with he and Masterson at the top and Tomlin the #3.

Heck, you add in Fukodome and Ludwick and you could make the case that the Tribe is trying to impersonate the World Champs formula of 2010.

As one who has often spoken out of the need to go for it now, I can't be down on this trade.

Go Tribe!
" I am not young enough to know everything."

Keith Law:

The main problem for Cleveland here is that it is incorrectly evaluating its own team -- the Indians shouldn't be buying, and while I could forgive them for not selling, that would be the smarter move for a team still trying to rebuild. Since a fluky 30-15 start driven largely by a schedule with more cupcakes than a Sprinkles bake shop, Cleveland is 23-36 and has been outscored by 77 runs in that span -- that is, it has been outscored by over a run and a quarter per game. Superman isn't going to close that gap, and while there are things to like about Ubaldo Jimenez, Superman he ain't.