Re: General Discussion

Can't help but think the team is on a death watch with Lindor. He is not having fun, he is not playing particularly well and could be a real distraction in the clubhouse. Kind of like "this was fun, but I am not going to be here much longer, so good luck guys". Also, we are making slug pitchers look good as most all our guys try to hit 5 run homers each time up. Hernandez is probably the only exception, I love the way he plays.
UD

Much as us fans don't want to hear this - the expanded playoffs makes the odds for every team (16!!) in the playoffs much more remote.

Whereas you can still say "anything can happen in the playoffs" and it is true - it is LESS likely this season to make a run through the extra teams.

So forgive me if I speculate that the front office grabbed the glut of future assets with the Clevinger deal figuring this season is a wash.

And I can hope that WHEN (not if) they trade Lindor this offseason they pick up a bat superior to Lindor's. The way he is hitting this season that isn't such a tall order after all.

You can always pick up a slick fielding shortstop (the Orioles STOLE Jose Iglesias) if necessary.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

The first round of the playoffs are expected to take place at home ballparks of the higher seed teams, but there will be a bubble structure for the Division Series, League Championship Series and World Series.

Per multiple previous reports, the ALDS will reportedly take place at Dodger Stadium (Los Angeles) and PETCO Park (San Diego) with the ALCS also taking place at PETCO. The NLDS will reportedly be played at Minute Maid Park (Houston) and Globe Life Field (Arlington) with the NLCS also taking place at Globe Life. The entire World Series is slated to occur at Globe Life Field, as well.

Details were still being worked out as of a few days ago, but the goal of a bubble structure is to utilize stringent safety protocols to prevent a COVID-19 outbreak and ensure the completion of the 2020 season. Stay tuned.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain