Re: Fantasy Ball

It's no coincidence azzoo is winning on a year where he has dedicated more time and energy to it.

He has always had good knowledge of the players, in this sport and basketball. He may not have won a league, but has always been competitive. He knows his stuff, and now has put in the extra effort.
Last edited by TFIR on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

JR - all you can do is go to the standings (listed under the LEAGUE menu up top) to see the complete detailed breakdown of the standings.

Ironically, by the way, the Gladiators have the least strikeouts of any team in the league!

So your team would be the most to suffer in the standings if strikeouts did not count for -.5
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Ervin Santana - S - Angels

Ervin Santana stayed white hot with 8 1/3 innings of one-run ball against the Mariners Sunday.
Santana has won four straight starts and given up a total of three earned runs over that span. He struck out seven today, giving him 34 strikeouts over his last 26 1/3 innings.

In other words, he's the hottest pitcher in baseball. Even though Santana's streak has come against light-hitting offenses, he hasn't given up more than three earned runs in a start since June 10.

In the last month and a half, picked him up AND dropped him a few times!! That's what I mean when I say you can get big impact pitchers off the wire. Got me 30 today.

And that is much harder to do with a position player - pick up that talented a player (and drop him, and pick him up) who can make an impact.

And THAT is a big way (azzoo picked up Chris Carpenter off the wire) you win leagues.

He was 2-7 when I got him
But that's where the "expertise" comes in. People who really know the players, and their histories, wouldn't be dropping Carpenter, and people who do know would be picking him up. Track records, and knowledge of them, are huge advantages in any fantasy league.