Re: GameTime!™

Perhaps they would have been better with replacing Cobb before Game 1. He was ineffective. Cantillo was in way over his head. Terry Pluto was very unhappy with JOey getting the call with bases loaded vs NY --- wanted Avila who's experienced. If Vogt wanted a lefty, which he did, Sabrowski is no more experienced than Joey but also has been more consistent.
Anyway it didn't work But it's a long series and our offense was silent except for this series' stars Rocchio and Kwan.

Vogt shows total lack of confidence in his starting pitchers. Not that Bibee did anything to warrant confidence yesterday, but pulling him in the middle of the 2nd inning with 2 runs scored startled Bibee . So he can come back on less than 4 days' rest but not sure why it matters who starts if the pen is called on immediately.

Gaddis has run out of steam. Not surprised someone of the Big 4 would be worn out by now.

Offense has been back to anemic. Remote chance remains to right the ship. No starters announced yet, but, see above, it doesn't really matter.

Agree civ and I also am tired of the endless parade of relievers. It can't be good for them either at this point.

I want to make sure I do say that - with what they had this year - Vogt did the right thing maximizing the potential of the team with their strength.

Good call.

BUT - these first 2 games of Cole and Rodon vs. army of relievers is showing the flaws in the long term.

Next season we need some starters who we can let run into the later innings of games to help save those bullpen arms. Like Tito did.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

I do not agree with lefty/righty and platoons.

I do think that I like the fact that Vogt has tried everything to give his team a chance. Players were in position to succeed and they just did not execute or some would say they choked. To me it is unbelievable that the Yankees only won by 3 both nights because it felt like a 100.

With that said they should play better at home. Need to get a lead and play from the lead. if Melton gets in trouble early i would like to see Gavin starting an inning.

Does anyone remember anyone regressing at the plate like Bo Naylor ??????? Unbelievable !!!!

I am more disappointed in Bibee than I am in Vogt for the 4 out outing. His command was iffy at best and he wasn't missing barrels (5 hits and a walk in 1.1 innings).

We are where we are because of our bullpen...if we win and/or advance it will be in large part due to our bullpen. When we are down 1-0 in the series, Vogt cant allow us to be down by 4-5 runs early. To me, it was the only choice he had. Our offense has been rock bottom for 4 months with a middle of the order that has disappeared. Our starting pitchers are an inconsistent Bibee and two scrap heap guys. With that said, it baseball, and I still think we have a chance.

I, personally, hate the imbalance of MLB. My college coach is a Yankee fan and argues its fair. The playoff payroll is $1 BILLION and Cleveland is $93 million of that. The Yankees big 3 of Cole, Rodon and Stroman is $80 million and are all veterans with playoff experience. The Dodgers pay one player $70 million and the Mets pay 2 pitchers $70 and they dont even pitch for them.

Sorry for the rant! I think the series goes 6 or 7 and anything is possible.

Christmas wish list: A catcher that can compete at the plate.