Re: GameTime!™

joez wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 7:05 pm JRod had a lot of pressure packed playoff experience in Puerto Rico on front of packed stadiums. Noel's. Not impressing me so far. Over matched against playoff pitching and got bad jumps on a couple of balls today that lead to a couple of runs.
Joe, do you watch the games ? Blaming Noel for bad jumps is your bias. Still harping about jRod who did not play in the majors the last 90 games.

Well Rusty, JRod was the MVP in the International League this year.

1 rbi 94
2 slg 540
2 ops 930
2 hr 29
3 obp 390
5 avg 301
5 r 84
7 h 132
17 w 64
23 k 128

Rodriguez was also honored as an outfielder on the International League All-Star Team.

He had a respectful playoff season also. Unfortunately. I can't find his stats.

I'll let his stats speak for themselves.

Still think JRod is the better of the two. Because Noel can hit a ball 500 miles doesn't make him the better ballplayer.

Noel had 179 mlb at bats (218) to JRrod's 31 (129). Wish Rodriguez could have had that many chances.

<
Last edited by joez on Sun Oct 13, 2024 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

JRod Playoffs:

Col 3 Omaha 2
2-5, 1 double

Omaha 5 Col 4 11 inn
2-5, 1r. 1rbi. 1hr, 1k

Omaha 7 Col 3
1-5, 1rbi, 1k, 1 assist

5-15, 333 ba

<
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Threy're free to adjust the roster for the next series.
Will they need 4 starters this time? they could move Williams or Cantillo to the rotation. OR would they like to bring back Lively?

It's not too late to replace Noel whose bat was silent again vs Detroit. JRod was quite ineffective at bat his first look; he kept hitting in Colunbus but is he really likely to show anything in a pressure playoff series?
Schneeman didn't hit in September and didn't get off the bench vs Detroit. They can keep Martinez on the roster as IF and OF spare part.
and/or try Arias again in place of Noel: a RH bat, like JRod hit well in Columbus' can play RF among other things.

I'd not be surprised if they added an arm to the bullpen if they're allowed to and cut the bench back by one man.