Re: General Discussion

Gose is DFA'd for the 3rd time in about 3 weeks. If any other team were interested they could grab him, but he keeps bouncing back

LH reliever Erik Sabrowski is latest addition to the roster, and he even got to warm up yesterday until we took the lead. Another lefty whos' survived operations.
Drafted by the Padres in 2018, His career didn't start until he was 23 when he pitched 29 innings in Class A.
Cleveland took him in the minor league Rule 5 and he didn't pitch again until 2023 22 innings with Akron
returned to Akron this spring at age 26 and excelled with 26 strikeouts in 11 2/3 innings. 53 in 37 innings for Colunbus but also walked 30 and has ERA of 4.73
Hope he gets a chance to pitch an inning or two before Gose comes back again; preferably when the G's are rest the pen while holding a 10 run lead.

But you made a great point about the resurgence of the Central division.

2 of the 3 wildcards will come from there and as recently as last year that was unthinkable.

Meantime we get to watch KC/Minnesota beat up on each other this weekend making that a huge win at Dodgers last night.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Anyone heard anything about Noel ? For the last 2 months probably 90%+ of all runs that have scored are because of a home run. Why does Vogt keep his best power hitter on the bench ? (Noel) On a team that needs at least 2 to 3 hits and a walk to score a run Noel can do that with one swing. Makes no sense unless he is injured.

Lane Thomas should be in center every game.

Vogt has unusual lineup patters - he calls up Manzardo and he's sit against a couple righties?!?

Good call on Lane Thomas as he hits a key 3 run homer tonight. Now he's clicking. IF he can play an acceptable CF then it's a big win.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

TFIR wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:30 pm Vogt has unusual lineup patters - he calls up Manzardo and he's sit against a couple righties?!?

Good call on Lane Thomas as he hits a key 3 run homer tonight. Now he's clicking. IF he can play an acceptable CF then it's a big win.
So TFIR, pass the salt. This crow isn't too bad over pasta!
UD

Guardians Starter’s Comeback Season In Jeopardy After Line Drive
September 11, 2024

A scary moment unfolded in game two between the Cleveland Guardians and Chicago White Sox when Guardians starter Ben Lively was hit by a line drive off the bat of Dominic Fletcher. The liner, with an exit velocity of 96.4 mph, struck Lively in the leg/hip area in the bottom of the second inning.

Lively immediately fell to the ground and was clearly in pain. After being checked on by manager Terry Francona and the training staff, Lively was able to walk off the field under his own power, albeit with some assistance.

Pedro Avila came on in relief for Cleveland. The extent of Lively’s injury is unknown at this time, but the incident is a tough blow for the Guardians, who are already thin in their starting rotation due to injuries.

Did I miss Tito's return?
UD