Re: General Discussion

@GuardsInsider
·
2h
Roster Move

The Guardians have claimed RHP Jason Bilous (BILL-iss) off waivers from the Chicago White Sox

Was Chicago’s 13th round pick in the 2018 MLB Draft out of Coastal Carolina. Has recorded 10.5 K/9 for his Minor League career.

40-man is now full

This miserable Jason Bilous had a pre-draft scouting report that he throws hard and intrigues scouts but has horrible command. 5 years later nothing has changed. Since we didn't give up anything to get him, we can't lose on his signing. And if the Cleveland Pitching Factory can make gold out of rusty iron congratulations will truly be in order.

Zack Meisel

Staff Writer, Guardians

Guardians morning briefing...
*Cody Morris is dealing with some lat discomfort, so he'll be brought along a bit slowly. Team hasn't finalized what his role will be, but multi-inning reliever has been considered.
*José Ramírez is feeling great following his offseason hand surgery.
*The final few position players have reported to camp. Team's first full-squad workout is Tuesday.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Zack Meisel

Staff Writer, Guardians

Guardians morning briefing:
*Gabriel Arias will play some OF this spring to increase versatility (not much IF playing time up for grabs)
*Shane Bieber, thrilled to have healthy offseason, started throwing shortly after season ended, played catch with locals on Caribbean honeymoon
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Daniel Espino SP, Cleveland Guardians

Guardians RHP prospect Daniel Espino will be shut down from throwing for at least eight weeks due to a right shoulder strain.

Espino is universally-regarded as one of the top pitching prospects in baseball after posting a sparkling 2.45 ERA, 0.71 WHIP and 35/4 K/BB ratio across 18 1/3 innings (four starts) last year for Double-A Akron. The 22-year-old righty misses a ton of bats, thanks to an elite fastball/slider combo, and has significant fantasy upside. This development likely pushes his potential big league debut until the later stages of the 2023 season, if at all.

Scholarly observation Sea :)
Can't argue with that post.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Also, 2022 first-round pick Chase DeLauter wil miss 4-5 months with a fractured toe. DeLauter, a 21-year-old lefthanded-hitting outfielder, missed all of the 2022 season for the same reason. He has yet to play in a minor-league game.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Looks like a tear and not a strain TFIR
-- Bob Feller

Miguel Vargas hasn't swung at a pitch all spring and everyone knows he isn't going to swing and he has 4 walks in 8 trips to the plate.

Lol, the Dodgers want him to bat and see pitches. So he is batting. (He has a hand injury and will swing soon)

Any debate about how spring training results matter or not end there.

(Yes of course it can be important to individual players)