Re: General Discussion

Get your booster shots, distance, and mask.

Covid is not over until its over.

Keep us all safe!
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Cleveland Guardians

@CleGuardians
·
Follow

Can’t wait to see the fellas on January 21 at Guards Fest.

#ForTheLand
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Guardians Prospective
@CleGuardPro
·
2h
#Guardians have signed four players to minor-league contracts for the 2023 season. All four have invites to big league spring training.

RHP Touki Toussaint
RHP Michael Kelly
OF Roman Quinn
C Cam Gallagher
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Touki is a very stuffy guy who has had command issues in the past. Actually saw him pitch on tv last season and was pretty effective.

Was once highly thought of in Atlanta.

Definitely a good flier.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

We lost RHP Ryan Kelly in the Rule 5 draft. Gain another Kelly. Michael is a 30 year RHP with a fine 2.25 ERA and 1.00 WHIP in 2022, for the Phillies, but that was in only 4 innings and is his entire major league experience. By contrast his career minor league ERA is 5.16 and was 5.29 in AAA in 2022, 8 homers in 51 innings. I suppose he projects as a long reliever for the Clippers.

Roman Quinn is a 29 year old OF right handed hitter has 535 at bats over bits of six major league seasons.
His career honors include
2020 2nd most stolen bases in the shortened season in the NL.
Eastern League midseason all star in 2015; and before that the Arizona Fall League all prospect team in 2014.
In

Touki" Toussaint is a Haitian-American professional baseball pitcher in the Cleveland Guardians organization. He was drafted by the Arizona Diamondbacks in the first round of the 2014 Major League Baseball draft

The right-hander posted a 4.62 ERA and 1.34 WHIP with 26 strikeouts over 25.1 innings in eight appearances, including two starts, with the Angels last season. After a promising start to his career in 2018 with Atlanta, Toussaint has struggled with consistency over the past few seasons, something he'll look to correct with Cleveland, a franchise that just seems to pump out quality pitching every year.

Another guy who was worse in the minors in 2022 than the majors. in AAA his ERA was 5.69 with 10 homers in 55 innings.

What do you do with a surplus of middle infielders?
You trade some and hope for a good return
No one will recall they dealt Junior Caminero to Tampa for pitcher Tobias Myers
Myers was awful in Columbus and released
Caminero is now rated as the Rays “prospect to break out in 2023” after a very soild summer in rookie and low A ball 314/384/498 with good power and strike zone judgment

Better luck next trade