Re: General Discussion

It's a bad decision to put the new forum under lock and key. No public access means no chance of adding new talent to the roster.

For quite awhile the pulse of this forum has slowed like an aging veteran.

With my two cents, I'll say that the increased level of the negative attacks on posters' for expressing an opinion has reached a level that has made sticking around here much quite unappealing. The attack goes after the poster. It's juvenile and ugly.

Verbal fisticuffs to what end?

We all love the games with the minutes of our lives yet can't seem to discuss anything in an intelligent, reasoned manner mixed in with heavy doses of humor, not assaults.

Remember when this place was actually fun?

As to baseball, Tribe pitching and defense make for exciting baseball.

Best game Cleveland has played in 3 years was that one they won on a walk, steal, sac bunt and suicide squeeze. No chance of ever seeing a game like that with Wedge as manager.

I hope one of the hotshot kid SP prospects can come up after the AS break. I don't have confidence in the #4 and #5 slots to hold up as is.

I like what I've seen of OC, but when one of the kids is ready, OC must be moved aside.

Same with third base, although the replacement should be Chisenhall, not Donald.

Despite the 3 run HR, I still don't like Laportas' mechanics at the plate for long term success. Just watch how often he is fooled with his hands.

As to the Cavs, I hope for the best with the lottery draw. Cavs must get one of the top 2.

I hope they can wheel a deal for Hamilton and Detroits' #1 pick either this season or next.

I keep Hickson.

As for me, I'll check in now and then for old times sake. Perhaps we could bring back Dooley Wilson to play the soundtrack.

Peace.
" I am not young enough to know everything."

With my two cents, I'll say that the increased level of the negative attacks on posters' for expressing an opinion has reached a level that has made sticking around here much quite unappealing. The attack goes after the poster. It's juvenile and ugly.

Verbal fisticuffs to what end?

We all love the games with the minutes of our lives yet can't seem to discuss anything in an intelligent, reasoned manner mixed in with heavy doses of humor, not assaults.

Remember when this place was actually fun?
Amen to that.

Rocky:

Chisenhall is starting out very well in Columbus, he has 5 doubles and a homer and OPS is over 1000 in the first 6 games.

And as for insulting each other, I don't see any reason why we can't behave as adults with differences of opinion over a game, which is poor escapist fun. Grow up folks and enjoy.

Durbin earns $800,000, which is not even double the just-above-minimum paid to Germano and Herrmann. But Herrmann has options left and has not been very good either, so I suppose he leaves to make room for Smith. Germano is out of options, I believe, but that's stated without checking. Anyway, Durbin moves farther back in the pecking order to 4th RH reliever behind Perez, Pestano and Smith, and will have an opportunity to improve.