Re: General Discussion

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Cleveland Guardians hitting coach Ty Van Burkleo has not been retained for the 2022 season.

Van Burkleo just finished his ninth season as the Indians hitting coach.

This year the Indians were no-hit a major league record three times in regulation games and once in a seven inning game. The Indians finished 11th in the AL with a .238 batting average. They were ninth in runs scored with 717 and 7th in homers with 203. They ranked 10th in OPS at .710.
UD

all things considered,injuries,use of really inexperienced players closing at near .500 wasnt bad. jusst bieber,civale ,and joyner might have allowed us make a wild card position. quantrill was a nice surprise; once again i want to thank forum members for all they posted. hope we do somsthing over the winter to improve our hitting otherwise white sox will be hard to overcome. thanks again and see you guys again i hope.

My only wish for the forum would be some new blood; is there anyway someone can join up? I know we have some important criteria that make this a civil dialogue which is hard to find on many sports cites but we are a pretty small group here. Then again I'll admit that when I asked Cleveland fans who are friends of mine they didn't seem interested in chatting baseball. I hope we're not just a dying out fan base.

By the way Lou, Joyner?? I''ll guess bad typing, not dementia

According to The Athletic's Brittany Ghiroli, Sahadev Sharma and Patrick Mooney, the Cubs are finalizing a deal with Cleveland assistant general manager Carter Hawkins to become their next general manager.

Hawkins, 37, has spent the last 14 seasons with Cleveland and will become one of the youngest general managers in the game.

Cubs president of baseball operations Jed Hoyer has made his choice from a group of four finalists regarding the architect of the team's impending full-scale rebuilding effort. There should be an official announcement from the organization, likely at the conclusion of the postseason.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

check in daily for players to be cleared off the roster; I suppose they'll make their moves in one announcement on the required date a few days after the world series ends.
I am curious which of the OFs they don't get rid of besides Straw and Naylor not sure I'd bother with any. Add Gonzalez who could be another one dimensional home run hitter; and add Kwan who has lots of offensive tools. Not sure if either can play anywhere other than LF. Valera will of course by added but not ready for the majors until end of 2022 if he's really accelarated through; more likely mid 2023. Richie Palacios could be moved to the OF, too.
As for the IFs, Chang seems sure to stay; Miller and Giminez, too. Ernie Clement would make an OK utility guy but not at the expense of someone much younger with a higher ceiling, like maybe Jose Tena or Jhonkensy Noel, although neither has played AA yet,
Lots of pitchers are obviously on their way out the door: Shaw whos a free agent and could be re-signed later; Nelson and Young and Hill and Moss; probably Wittgren; maybe Parker although he pitched well should be replaceable; maybe Carlos Vargas who missed the whole season AND has not pitched above Class A.
I would like to them dump enough of the above to leave room to add a full 10 kids
C Lavastida
IF Noel, Tena, Rocchio. Freeman, Palacios
OF Kwan, Gonzalez, Valera
P: Cody Morris

Well I am sure all of us have noticed that Eddie Rosario is absolutely tearing it up for the Atlanta Braves.

A lot of thoughts there but on a positive note it tells me the front office was right on taking a chance on him.

I do wonder if he was fully healthy this season early on. And I also wonder about the hitting coach for Cleveland.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain