civ ollilavad wrote:Bullpen spectacular.

They really did their job at re-assembling the pen . The Kluber trade turns out to be great. Karinchak was a great draft choice. They either made a lucky guess or knew something about Shaw. Sandlin was another excellent draft pick. Quantrill is another very solid reliever unless or until he goes back into the rotation. I wonder if McKenzie would be more effective in relief?
Totally agree to try Triston in relief for now where he can just go after hitters - like he is NOT doing as a starter. We all remember that worked for Carrasco.

I hate this - but maybe use him as a "bulk reliever" like we just did with Hentges after using an opener. So maybe start with Sandlin for an inning or 2 then bring in McKenzie or even Quantrill. That was, as well, you can gradually get them stretched out for possibly a regular start.

As for Shaw - we all know Shaw and Tito are card playing buddies. My guess is that Tito knows how to use Shaw (and other relievers as well) so there is a comfort level there. Also allegedly Shaw has added a new pitch.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Re: GameTime!™

Well, the outing by Triston was a huuuuge relief for the team.

If he can sustain it it gives us 4 solid guys in the rotation as we figure out the 5th.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Interesting observation in today's game that gets lost in box score. 2nd inning

Naylor draws a walk then Naquin botches and easy fly in LF - 1st and 2nd with no outs and Hedges up.

Hedges successfully lays down a sacrifice bunt! Allows Gimenez to hit a sacrifice fly.

So little stuff by Hedges and Gimenez gets us a run.

that was good. Tito noted lots of guys going to opposite field yesterday, suggesting they learned from their failures to react that before

Civale now 5-0 2.91 I think I read he has one of the best hitting support lines which partially accounts for that record.

Naylor with a perfect line of 2 singles and 2 walks. Noting Josh and his younger brother are patient hitters and draw plenty of walks [ah, well maybe not; looking at his stats he only has 6 walks against 23K; Bo in 5 games is 4 BB/6 K, so plenty of both]
Bauers with 2 hits, soars above the line to 204
Nice to see A. Rosario draw a couple walks; 9 in 99 AB is good although dwarfed by his 21 strikeouts.

seagull wrote:What a difference a day makes.

After being embarrassed by being no-hit a second time, they score 9 runs without benefit of a HR.
Great point Seagull - without a homerun.

Bottom line - it is still waaaay early in the season. It's so good to be back to 162.