Re: Just Baseball: Major League teams OTHER THAN the Tribe

Yikes - Cookie really did crumble.

Anthony DiComo of MLB.com reports that Carlos Carrasco's hamstring injury has been classified as a high-grade tear.

Brutal news for the Mets and fans of Carrasco, which should be everyone. The right-hander picked up the hamstring injury while running after a simulated appearance, and the MRI has reportedly revealed the tear. DiComo notes that the Mets will take things slowly with Carrasco to ensure there are no setbacks, with Andy Martino of SNY writing that it's believed the timeline for the 34-year-old is 6-to-8 weeks. A trip to the injured list to begin the season is obviously an inevitability now.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

civ - ex Indian?

Julian Merryweather spun a perfect ninth inning against the Yankees on Sunday, securing his second save of the season.

Merryweather was called upon to protect a two-run lead in the final frame and needed only 11 pitches (nine strikes) to slam the door on the Yankees for the second time in the three-game season-opening series. The 29-year-old righty was dominant once again, averaging a sublime 98.9 mph on his fastball, touched triple-digits at one point, and also recorded a pair of strikeouts. He appears to be fully entrenched as the Blue Jays’ primary closer
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Blue Jays signed GM Ross Atkins to a five-year contract extension.

Atkins was hired as the Blue Jays' general manager in December 2015, shortly after Mark Shapiro was named team president, and those two have helped usher in a new era of Blue Jays baseball with an impressive stock of club-controlled position player talent. Toronto made the playoffs as a Wild Card in 2020 and this team has designs on capturing the AL East in 2021.

The new deal for Atkins kicks in next yea and will run through 2026. "Coming to Toronto with my family has enriched our lives in countless ways and having the opportunity to remain a Blue Jay is something I do not take for granted," the 47-year-old said in a statement Wednesday.