Re: General Discussion

JAKE ELMORE
OF, CLEVELAND INDIANS

Indians released INF/OF Jake Elmore.
Elmore had been at the team's alternate training site after signing a minor league contract in July.

Sep 4, 2020, 9:49 AM ET

DOMINGO SANTANA
OF, CLEVELAND INDIANS

Indians sent OF Domingo Santana outright to their alternate training site.
Santana cleared waivers after being designated for assignment and evidently has accepted an outright assignment. He'll remain in the organization as outfield depth.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

My friend will just continue to dwell on Nettles and Chambliss trades; and I will mention all the stupid signings the Yankees have done. And no, he knows nothing of prospects; that's my area of expertise among my breakfast group.

Naylor's 250 pounds on an under 6 foot frame is sort of a worry for a 23 year old. I;d like to see him and McKenzie side by side.

civ - you missed my post a few posts ago. This:

Indians released INF/OF Jake Elmore.
Elmore had been at the team's alternate training site after signing a minor league contract in July.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Ok, this is beyond belief:

Josh Tomlin allowed just three hits over six innings of one-run baseball to pick up a win over the Nationals on Sunday. Tomlin didn’t issue a walk, and fanned two.

The 35-year-old lowers his season ERA to a solid -- if unspectacular -- 3.77 mark, with a 26/6 K/BB ratio over 28 2/3 innings. He faces the Nationals again on Friday.

Wondering how Sandy Leon rates among the all time catcher interference leaders. I can only find stats on the batters awarded first base for interference [Jacoby Ellsbury holds season record with 12 and passed Pete Rose for all time lead with his 30th].

One site tells me that between 1985 and 2014 the annual total ranged from 9-31 so 3 by one catcher is pretty impressive especially in a short season

The AL total is a surprisingly high 16 in the 40 or so games played this year, with the Indians leading the league with 4. 33 in the AL last year. No team with more than 4, Cleveland with none. It would take me too long to look any longer. But no questioning, Sandy is one of the premier interferers in the game.

In my too many decades of umpiring, that was a difficult call for me. Once I called it in a tournament game. The head coach of the defensive team yelled at his catcher. Seems it happened more than a few times with her. But I always liked a catcher closer to the plate than 6ft behind it.