Re: General Discussion

So grateful that Cookie started his season that way. Welcome back Cookie!

Meanwhile:

Trevor Bauer tallied 13 strikeouts in his season debut, as he limited the Tigers to two hits over 6 1/3 innings. When Reds manager David Bell emerged from the dugout to summon a reliever in the seventh, Bauer turned around, crow-hopped and pretended to launch the ball over the outfield fence, a la his infamous heave to cap his final start with the Indians, when his display startled Mike Freeman like a dog on July 4 and turned Terry Francona’s face vine-ripe tomato red.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Corey Kluber has been shut down for four weeks after being diagnosed with a Grade 2 strain of the teres major muscle in the back of his pitching shoulder.

Brutal news for the Rangers and Kluber, who missed most of last season with a fractured arm and an oblique injury. Now he's looking at another lost year. The best-case scenario is that he returns as a reliever in September. Kolby Allard is likely to replace him in the Rangers' rotation.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Thank you whoever made the site work again. I had written it off as another of the new abnormals of 2020.
You are welcome Civ.
I emailed Ryan back on July 10th.
This was his reply:

Hi Joe,
Apologies for the delay in response. I just checked and it looks like the instance stopped somehow. I restarted it and it's working now.
Sorry I didn't have it up before Opening Day. Don't hesitate to reach out if you run into any issues or provide others with my contact info as I don't get over to check on it much these days.
Take care,
--Ryan

Best, Stay Safe, Have a Great Day!
JoeZ
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller