Re: General Discussion

So here's a question that suggests equitable application of rules:

" The number of active days required for Rule 5 players would be reduced proportionally to the number of days in the revised season."

So, shouldn't the number of days that e.g. Clase is suspended be reduced proportionately to the number of days in the revised season?

civ ollilavad wrote:So here's a question that suggests equitable application of rules:

" The number of active days required for Rule 5 players would be reduced proportionally to the number of days in the revised season."

So, shouldn't the number of days that e.g. Clase is suspended be reduced proportionately to the number of days in the revised season?
civ - there is another guy too, I think it was Domingo German, who is the same situation. And I read also that it was thought German's penalty might actually be only for this season. Or yes a small number of games next season.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Indians Prospective @indiansPro

The #Indians will be using Classic Park home of the (Low A) Lake County Captains for their alternate spring training site for the (taxi squad).

Can confirm also tonight what many of us expected but didn't want to fathom, that there will be no minor league season in 2020.

Hopefully there will either be a extended larger Arizona Fall League. Most MiLB players will likely get some sort of game action during fall instructionals.

Civ:

I dunno if I can define it. More like, I'll know if it bothers me when I see it. Ideally I'd just like to see everyone standing with their hats off.

I didn't watch the final 14 games of the NFL season the year they started that kneeling. I lived through it, though I love football and the Browns. I have lived the last couple months without baseball, I can make it a few more.

They can protest before the anthem. They can protest after the anthem, delay the start of the game if they want. Wouldn't bother me at all. Protest during 7th inning stretch, or before the start of the 2nd half, delay the kick off then. Protest right after the game ends. Or take some of that ton of money they make and set up events in the city on their days off.

None of that would bother me at all. (as long as it was a peaceful protest)

Do it during the anthem and I am out.

LeBron and other players say it's not about the flag or the anthem. Then fine, why do you have to do it during the anthem then? Do it one of those other times I mentioned if it isn't about it.

The 80-game suspension given to Emanuel Clase for testing positive for Boldenone will not carry into the 2021 season.

In other words, Clase's suspension gets reduce from 80 games to 60 games, but the percentage of games the reliever is suspended jumps up to 100 percent over the close to 50 percent mark he was handed in May.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Chris Antonetti said Friday that the organization has had a handful of positive COVID-19 tests coming from players at home, at the team's spring training facility and at their facility in the Dominican Republic.
“All of those cases have been isolated," Antonetti said. "There has not been any spread within our environment.” Antonetti also added that all of the affected players are either recovered or are showing only mild symptoms.