Re: Fantasy Ball

rusty2 wrote:Just now was the first time I have ever clicked on the game channel stattracker during the games. Pretty nice.

I think it's a great feature. It tells you when your guys are at bat, as well as your current points, and league standings. Plus you can follow all the games.

But the points are determined by how many were on base when they got those homers.
Mark Whiten, Mike Cameron, Shawn Green, Carlos Delgado all had FOUR homer games in the fantasy baseball era. Of course, I remember when Colavito did it in 1959!

Assuming TFIR is using the same ole point system I'm used to, did a quick search of biggest offensive games this year ...

Huff had 22 points on June 2 at St.Louis.

Hart had 22 on May 23 against the Nats

Giambi had 22 May 19 at Philly

Beltran had 21 May 21 at Colorado

Chris Heisey had 21 on June 22 at home against Yanks

Melky Cabrera had 20 on 7/3 at Colorado

And Carlos Quintin had 20 May 24 at Texas

If you guys are using a different scoring system than I'm used to then I apologize, but point is I don't think it is all that crazy uncommon to see an offensive guy get 20. I remember seeing some through the years.

HB - we still use the same old Sandbox style scoring for hitters that you are used to - with one change since then.

Now we subtract only .5 for a batter strikeout instead of -1, like we used to. Therefore, the totals you gave would be either correct or a tad low.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Not sure I doubted you on that one.. just didn't want to give up Josh Johnson ( I believe). Wasn't that a mistake! ugh... Although the Zobriest trade did work out well.

Gonna be a tight race down the stretch..
Keep riding the wave. Last at bat, first at bat, doesn't matter. Just win!

Oh yeah, it's all good. Zobrist turned out very well for sure.

I am just in awe of Bautista's (and I even wrote that post before today's game) numbers. They are almost Bonds-ish.

Between the homers, walks, .OBA, batting average.....unreal. Add to it his ability to play multiple positions, just wow!

Toronto signing him to a 5 year extension before this season (wish I could do that) is now looking like a stroke of genius.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain