Re: GameTime!™

Kluber not inspiring confidence the last 2 seasons in the postseason.

Still, only 1 game IN Houston. If we can get a split there, it's all good.

Needless to say a crucial one next. Go COOKIE!
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

I went to mow my lawn when they brought Bauer in.

I love Bauer....one of my favorite players....that was not the place to bring him in. I don't even know what the final score was.

Lets hope Cookie can do it tomorrow and then Clevenger. Please Do Not Bring Kluber in on short rest.

I would like to continue to watch baseball past Monday.
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

They made it clear Trevor is a reliever and wanted to get his feet wet IMO.

To me, Kluber seems to wear down each year - second straight year he's had a klunker in the playoffs. He's smart enough to work around his issues, but against an offense like Houston's you have to have all cylinders firing.

Not to mention with Verlander dealing like he was it was a no go in game 1. Kudos to him - after all he is a Hall of Famer in waiting.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

That was one lousy game. Lousy starting pitching. Lousy job by Cody Allen and Bauer didn't really help. I agree that was a strange time to bring him in. Tito had said he'd be saved for really important moment. Lousy offense. Our only 2 runs score on a wild pitch and ground out.

Just win 3 of 4 that's easy enough against defending champs with best AL bullpen.

Honestly, very disappointing for sure.

But bottom line Verlander and Cole are lights out and shut us down.

Do agree with civ - wish Tito had left Carrasco in to try his luck at finishing that inning. OR brought in Bauer right there.

Then again though we only scored 1 run. Just outpitched so far.

Read an article this morning about the use of relievers in all playoff games and the short stint for starters. The Indians and Cubs pushed that process along in the 2016 series, but it only makes sense if the bullpen is deep and solid and the starters are not good for 100 pitches. Why start pulling starters in the playoffs earlier than you would during the season if the pen is loaded with uncertainties.
But then again, if we don't score any runs it doesn't really make any difference.