Re: GameTime!™

Edwin Encarnacion (ankle) remains out of the Indians' lineup Tuesday against the White Sox.

Encarnacion hasn't played since leaving Saturday's game with a mild right ankle sprain. He's still considered day-to-day. Yandy Diaz will serve as the designated hitter Tuesday against left-hander Carlos Rodon.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Was quite surprised to see Kluber out there in the 8th inning. Tito said he is working on his "feel" for his breaking pitches.

Andrew Miller - best he has looked.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

No, Tomlin is not scheduled to start. Plutko will be the 5th starter this weekend. And with Bauer returning the 5th spot will disappear as Trevor adds innings. On the other hand, since they're transitioning Bieber to the bullpen for the playoffs there could be another game where Plutko or his older compatriot is needed to start

I was wrong Tomlin pitched badly as always on Thursday. can't wait until we see the last of him. His very insightful comments on a standard 4 inning 4 run performance by him:

Tomlin admitted that his mistakes got hit hard, but he tried to remain true to his game plan as balls were finding holes left and right.
"In a situation like that, you try not to veer away from the plan too much," Tomlin said. "You just hope the balls finally end up going to somebody at some point."

Reliance on "hope" rather than talent is an unlikely path to success. Please Josh, just go away!

I remain unimpressed by Cimber. His WHIP is a Tomlin-esque 1.67 and he's lost 3 games for us already. For the Padres he registered 51 strikeouts against 10 walks. For the Indians he has 6 of each. Tired? Can't retire more talented AL hitters? He's not the second coming of Joe Smith as we had hoped.

A career bad day for Yandy Diaz; two bases loaded double plays, a strike out with men in scoring position; he stranded 10 runners in his 5 at bats; and added an error at third. Put it behind you and come out hitting today; I see his ground ball to fly ball ratio is much lower this season so he has been able to diversify his offense.

Seems obvious Tomlin's career is over. If not for the September exploded rosters and past loyalty he wouldn't be on a major league roster. His contract is up.

Would probably be quite the pitching instructor though - got by with guile as long as he could.

I was thinking more along minor league roaming type guy. Or assigned to a minors team - for now at least.

The guy did make some good money so he may not be inclined.