Re: GameTime!™

I don't think it's too early to wonder how much time they're going to give LaPorta. I've seen the argument made that we shouldn't do to him what we did to Andy Marte, but if LaPorta is still a regular at the All-Star break, he will have had about the same number of at-bats in Cleveland as Marte did. (And this is leaving aside that it's easier to find a bat to play first base than it is to play third.)

Terrible, terrible start. Some things about this team never change.

Charlie T. wrote:I don't think it's too early to wonder how much time they're going to give LaPorta. I've seen the argument made that we shouldn't do to him what we did to Andy Marte, but if LaPorta is still a regular at the All-Star break, he will have had about the same number of at-bats in Cleveland as Marte did. (And this is leaving aside that it's easier to find a bat to play first base than it is to play third.)

Problem is the cupboard is bare at 1B. Santana will play there a couple of times a week, but other than that the likes of Duncan and Kearns are just short term filler.

I suppose Travis Buck could be a wild card, but there is little reason not to let LaPorta play the entire season good or bad.

Charlie T. wrote:I don't think it's too early to wonder how much time they're going to give LaPorta. I've seen the argument made that we shouldn't do to him what we did to Andy Marte, but if LaPorta is still a regular at the All-Star break, he will have had about the same number of at-bats in Cleveland as Marte did. (And this is leaving aside that it's easier to find a bat to play first base than it is to play third.)

Minnesota and Boston are also both 0 - 2. That said, I would sure like to see more attitude from our guys. LaPorta has a couple of half swings each time I see him bat. He should listen to Yoda, "Do or Do Not, there is no Try".
UD