Re: General Discussion

Seems to me that every time they showed Nunnelly in the dugout, he was smiling or laughing. I believe that in the structure of the management of the team, the manager is the inspirational leader, and the coaches are the task-masters, the ones to tell you off if you need it. The fact that everyone liked Nunnelly tells me that he was having difficulties dumping on someone. Kind of like saying "Hey don't worry, we'll get them tomorrow" instead of "If you don't change your approach, the same thing will happen tomorrow".

If'n that was the case, good riddence!
UD

Re: General Discussion

So we should begin to believe that Brantley and Astrubal are solid long term pieces.

But where does it go from there?

Choo will be here until he's eligible for FA.

Santana still shows signs.

LaPorta looks so-so.

The others don't fit into the everyday picture for seasons to come.

Sizemore isn't going to bring back much in a trade right now.

So you've got 3 corner positions up for grabs(2) and iffy(1). Second base is the other spot.

Dump more fertilizer on the Farm crops and get 'em ready sooner than later.

Hamilton was on XM this morning and said that while the Tribe isn't adverse to adding pieces to help the club win this season, they are unwilling to deal any decent prospects to accomplish that goal. He said they are basically taking a very cautious appproach as they view the team performing one year ahead of schedule on the the field this year.
" I am not young enough to know everything."