Re: Fantasy Ball

On occasion.

I gotta say, I am down on Fan Duel and Draft Kings anyways. It's incredibly hard to win any type of money, and there are oodles of players in every contest.

To get a winning lineup hit all in one night, it's somewhat like winning the lotto. Same odds.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Hey TFIR, I need some of your expertise.

Me and some guys from work always play in a fantasy football league. This year I asked the commish if we could do a live draft all together. You know, like all of us get together in a bar or at my house or whatever and have a live draft in person.

He said he doesn't know how to do that as commish.

Is there a setting when setting up a league at Yahoo or ESPN where the commish can enter in all the picks manually if we were to have a live draft?

If not at Yahoo or ESPN, do you know where you can set up a league that way?

I know there are places that does it, cause I see guys in bars around here every year having live draft parties.

Hey - in fantasy they call this an offline draft.

What does it mean to have an offline draft?

If your league is set up to use the Offline Draft option, you and your fellow team owners will conduct your own draft without the aid of ESPN's online draft system.

A common example of this is for leagues that gather together every year at a house or in a bar and draft in person.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

So if you google a site and use the words offline draft you should be able to see how they accomodate that.

I know initially, it just means you select offline draft when setting up the league...

Never done it so not an expert but obviously it can be and is done.

Indians fans, our old pal Opitcat from the Cleveland Browns forum has started up a fantasy football league and we need all the owners we can get. We lost TFIR and his friends from last year. So we need some warm bodies to help us out and join. anybody here want to join for some fun? Very casual league. Totally free. Just for kicks...

Here is the info Opti posted ...

I created a unique url for us...

http://clebrofo.league.fantasy.nfl.com/

The league password is c138r0 (zero)

CLEBROFO is a poor attempt to abbreviate from Cleveland Browns Forum (CLEBROFO) Fantasy League.

I don't know what I'm doing so feel free to suggest changes.
I put in individual points for defensive plays in the hope that allows us to use defensive players by position.

If you guys join, we'll try it.

I set up on NFL so that we wouldn't be tied to yahoo email addresses.

LOL, why not activate this folder since this is from a fantasy article on Amed Rosario. Tribute to Hillbilly with a post in our old folder!

Amed Rosario has been playing regularly at shortstop for Cleveland recently, and while he never quite met expectations with the Mets, Rosario is still just 25 years old and has some respectable power and speed promise.

He has hit .296 with three steals this month and has 16 runs scored overall. Just two years ago, Rosario hit 15 home runs and had 19 steals, and his 2021 xBA is .269. Rosario’s Sprint Speed of 29.4 is in the Top 3 percent in all MLB.