Re: General Discussion

Here's the story:

http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index.ss ... alaza.html

No charges will be filed against Cleveland Indians' Danny Salazar in Jan. 22 Hustler Club incident

Paul Hoynes, Northeast Ohio Media Group By Paul Hoynes, Northeast Ohio Media Group

on February 04, 2015 at 4:15 PM, updated February 04, 2015 at 4:17 PM

CLEVELAND, Ohio - Prosecutors will not file charges against Indians right-hander Danny Salazar, who was the subject of a sexual-assault investigation stemming from a Jan. 22 incident at the Cleveland Hustler Club.

Salazar, 25, was not named in the police report provided Wednesday to the Northeast Ohio Media Group.

Cleveland police spokeswoman Jennifer Ciaccia released a brief statement Wednesday afternoon saying: "Detectives presented the case involving rape allegations with the suspect being Danny Salazar to the city prosecutor's office today and no charges were issued against Mr. Salazar."

Police were called to the University Hospital emergency room at 7:25 a.m. Jan. 23, to interview a woman about the complaint. The woman told investigators that the incident took place about 10:30 p.m. the previous night at the strip club located in the West Bank of the Flats.

The Indians and Cleveland police said in separate statements Wednesday that the investigation is ongoing.

Over 20 players from the Indians were in Cleveland that week for TribeFest, a two-day celebration of Indians baseball on Jan. 24 and Jan. 25 at Progressive Field.

Last season, Salazar went 6-8 with a 4.25 ERA in 20 starts for the Indians. He struck out 120 batters and walked 35 in 110 innings. He went 4-6 in 11 starts for Class AAA Columbus.

Indians pitchers and catchers report to spring training on Feb. 18 in Goodyear, Ariz. Salazar is expected to compete for spot in the starting rotation.

Indians take care of their own. 6 week jobs in ST as "special assistants" keeps them in the greater "baseball network" while they try to latch on to a longer job with anybody that is interested. Only so many jobs in pro baseball and there are many more candidates than jobs.

If any of you guys are interested I am in a casual fantasy baseball league with a friend and some family members. We could use a few more owners.

Draft isn't until toward the end of next month so quite a while before you have to do anything.

Even though I say casual it is no joke. They kicked my ass in our football league this year. So there is some good competition.

Anybody feel free to jump in if you want.

https://yho.com/mlb?l=53775&k=883c8f703 ... .sms.pvtph

Dayan Viciedo - OF

Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports the Indians are interested in free agent Dayan Viciedo.

Viciedo has garnered some interest since being released in early February but nothing has advanced to the point of being serious. With the Indians, Viciedo would fill a part-time role -- the club's starting outfield is already set with Michael Brantley, Michael Bourn and David Murphy.

The 25-year-old had previously been seeking a starting gig, so it's unclear whether he would accept a deal to be a bench player with the Tribe. The outfielder has also had some interest from the Reds since being released by the White Sox
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain