Re: GameTime!™

How odd.....a week ago we were on the verge of sweeping the Tigers and the thoughts of winning the division dancing in our heads.

Now a week later, it doesn't seem possible we will win another game this season.

Maybe if we can make a trade for another big bat, (as much as I like what the scallywag has done, he's a career minor leaguer and will start showing it) cut Axford, and hope Masterson comes back and remembers what he did last year....and IF we can get timely hitting and stop making errors that allow ITPHR's.....

Yeah Brantly's slump isn't helping much either.

Last year I was confident Francona could turn it around and they would rattle off a 6-7 game winning streak to counter balance the 4-5 game losing streaks.....this year not so much.

Odd...last year we couldn't beat the Tigers at all. This year we can beat them but nobody else in the Central.

Santana was a bright spot last night....he's really come around the past 2 months.....now if we can get the others (Swisher, Swisher, Swisher) to start playing up the their salaries......
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

This year the rotation is such that it would prevent a long winning streak.

Last year Masterson, Ubaldo, Kazmir, Kluber,even McAllister all pitching well. So different now.

It seems a combination of bad luck (injuries to Masterson and McAllister), and bad decisions on the rotation (KAZMIR!) have hurt the team.

As well, multiple disappointments on offense (Kipnis, Santana (overall), Bourn (injuries again), Murphy) and poor defense add up to mediocrity overall.

It's really a frustrating team to watch, because they don't score enough, their starting pitching is only good enough to keep them somewhat close, and bad defense often is the difference. Yuck.

Tito has done well to have a record even this good with this current mess.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

pitching, pitching, pitching.

Rotation this year has one stud. One reliable arm. Everyone else is either inconsistent or just plan old bad. And this in a year when pitching is dominant. Can't win more than 1/2 of the time unless a couple more starters suddenly revert to 2013 form.

We're up 7-3 in the 7th.....please for the love of all that is holy don't put Axford in there. We need to salvage some sort of self respect and it would be nice to carry a win into an off day then Seattle.

Oh they put Salazar back in....about the 100 pitch mark, probably his last inning.
Last edited by Baron on Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.