Re: General Discussion

Well, if the road through Athens would have bared some fruit, who knows how much those autographs would be worth? :P
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

By the way, saw the "30 clubs in 30 days" thing on MLB Network last night. The Tribe was featured.

VERY interestingly, they did quite a long segment with Bill Ripken and Al Leiter on Carlos Santana and his move to 3B.

It started with footage of his footwork. First at 1B, then at catcher. Say what you will about his defense at those positions, but his footwork was highly praised by Ripken. (That's not easy to do) Then they went over to 3B and showed the type of footwork necessary over there.

Both Ripken and Leiter called Santana's move to 3B a "non-issue". They thought it would be relatively easy to do. Was quite interesting.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

I didn't think that there was any cause for concern either after watching him play 20+ games this winter. The first few games were "iffy" but he settled in nicely. Fernando Tatis did a marvelous job working with Santana.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Danny Salazar - S - Indians

Danny Salazar is scheduled to make his Cactus League debut against the Angels on Monday.

The 24-year-old right-hander will start and work two innings in the game. He's been brought along slowly this spring in an effort to monitor his workload and conserve his strength for the regular season. Salazar logged a total of 145 innings in 2013 between the Tribe and the minor leagues.

145 innings last season isn't bad at all. Seems reasonable to bump him to 180 innings this year. If that is achieved, I'd be thrilled.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Question about platoons assuming Carlos does win the part-time 3rd base job.

Then who is the DH vs. LH pitchers? I guess that would be a role for the 13th man, Franceour or Carson or David Adams or Elliot Johnson. But that would leave no roster spot for that Sellers they just picked up..

I am sure Francona can work it out fine, but I can't.
Last edited by civ ollilavad on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

J.R. wrote:What happened to the look of this forum?
RYAN, did you change this and the Browns forum, or did I do it myself somehow?
It was me, J.R., I posted details in Idle Chatter:

Just wanted to give everyone a quick heads up that I updated the version of the board software running to the latest version. I also updated the default theme to the latest version as well. If you prefer the old theme, though, you can switch back:

Hover over your username in the upper-right -> Click 'User Control Panel' -> Click 'Board Preferences' -> Select 'Absolution' in the 'My Board Style' pull-down -> Click 'Submit'

Hope everyone is doing well!

I'm watching that.

Anyone else see the interview with Masterson during the game? I would be some pretty serious money that he WILL be re-signing with the Tribe.

Reading between the lines was not that tough.