Re: Idle Chatter

Man! I am getting so sick and tired of this freakn' snow. I got home this evening just in time to catch the weather report. Anywhere between 12" and 18" predicted for tomorrow night. This really sucks!
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Just wanted to give everyone a quick heads up that I updated the version of the board software running to the latest version. I also updated the default theme to the latest version as well. If you prefer the old theme, though, you can switch back:

Hover over your username in the upper-right -> Click 'User Control Panel' -> Click 'Board Preferences' -> Select 'Absolution' in the 'My Board Style' pull-down -> Click 'Submit'

Hope everyone is doing well!

J.R. wrote:Oh, I wondered how this happened! I like the new format. But I can't find a link to increase the font size any more.
It looks like the theme designer must've removed it from the new version. You can probably achieve this via your browser zoom if you'd like to stick with the new version instead of reverting, it's usually Ctrl and + on Windows and ⌘ and + on Mac.

ryanb wrote:
J.R. wrote:Oh, I wondered how this happened! I like the new format. But I can't find a link to increase the font size any more.
It looks like the theme designer must've removed it from the new version. You can probably achieve this via your browser zoom if you'd like to stick with the new version instead of reverting, it's usually Ctrl and + on Windows and ⌘ and + on Mac.
Yeah, that's what I did, and it seems to remember it. Also, it doesn't seem to affect other tabs or pages when I leave here.

Well, a new camping season starts the Easter weekend. We raked leaves and burned all the twigs and branches that fell over the winter on Saturday. T-shirt weather. It was wonderful. It rained all day Sunday. The wind out of the north cooled things off considerably. This morning the temps were in the mid 30's. It started snowing at noon. Nothing was sticking up until an hour or so ago. Looks like we're going to get about an inch of snow between now and Tuesday morning. This is incredible.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Well I finally read Moneyball yesterday. It was a good read. Perhaps I should have read it earlier, before I knew so much about the eventual successes or lack thereof of the various players mentioned from the 2002 draft.

Maybe in another ten years I'll see the movie.