HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE TRIBE WIN IN 2013?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:43 pm You may select 1 option

less than 60 (No votes)
60-65 (No votes)
66-70 (No votes)
71-75
Total votes: 2 (17%)
76-80
81-85
Total votes: 6 (50%)
86-90
more than 90 (No votes)
Total votes: 12

Re: HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE TRIBE WIN IN 2013?

BARON selects 88 right on the nose to date!

My range was a bit more broad. I'll take full advantage of the range 86-90

Nice job BARON
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Are we ready to start this guessing game for 2014? I'm never enough of an optimist to convince myself the team can win more than 90 games this year (I certainly couldn't imagine it last year and it still is hard to figure out quite how it happened). Without Jiminez and Kazmir and with Kluber and McAllister still unpredictable it's hard to see this as a much over .500 team. But Tito can make things happen. And although there's not a lot of "star talent" there's plenty of good solid players all over the field and the pitching corps, so a mid-80s win total seems likely and only a few surprises would be necessary to boost that number over 90 (or below 80 if the surprises if not the kind we want.) I'll say 85-77.

We should have a better team this year than last. The problem is, all of the teams in this division have improved themselves. It's going to be tough winning 90 games this year. I'll wait until the end of spring training to decide.

Detroit is still the team to beat.

I want to see what Kansas City and Chicago have to offer. KC has one of the best defenses in baseball and solid pitching. Chicago has done well procuring some offensive punch this off season. If Dayan Viciedo and Jose Abreu contribute as well as I think they will, the sox will be tough to beat.

At the moment, I'm guessing about 85 wins but that will change by April.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller