Re: GameTime!™

It was a good run. Much better season than anyone expected. The fact we made it to the playoff game is a testament to the heart of the team and the future looks much brighter than it did last year at this point.

Dude pitched a hell of a game and kept us from scoring.
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Well, I got the 4 correct..........too bad we couldn't put up the 5.

We had the opportunities to come back tonight but the offense just couldn't come up with the clutch hits.

The pitching was good enough to bring home a win.

I'm disappointed but not many of us expected the Tribe to even be in this position. So, for this reason alone, it's been a very entertaining season for me.

Tito's done a fantastic job all year long but tonight I wish he had been more aggressive and put more pressure on Tampa especially after they grabbed the 1-0 lead.

Salazar is going to be a stud, top of the rotation pitcher next season.

Tonight made me realize how much we miss that #4 guy in the batting order. All the more reason for the Tribe to think very seriously at making a run at Jose Abreu this winter. He could become our version of Miguel Cabrera. I think if we had Abreu in our lineup tonight, things may have come out differently.

We have a nice nucleus to build upon for the future. Now is not the time to stand pat. The front office can't sit back and relax this winter.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

The way things were going and with the missed scoring opportunities, I thought were going to pick up those 5 runs. Would'a, Could'a, Should'a !!! I just kept waiting for it to materialize and it never did. There is always next year.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Well I had a good time but it would have been better if:

* The guy in the Manny Ramirez shirt didn't have to stand the whole night, which made everyone behind him stand, and behind them, and that meant me too in Row K. Section 533 spent the night on our feet; everyone else sat and waved their white rags. Were they supposed to surrender signs?

* The Indians had occasionally scored a run or two or maybe three or four or even better five.

* Or alternatively, our bullpen let the game get out of hand so my friend would have consented to leaving early and I would have got back home before 2 a.m.
As it was they were constantly within reach, until the Chiz error put them down by 4, so every inning got your hopes, and then down.

* We had played one of those we know how to beat instead of one of those good teams we always lose to. Why didn't they schedule this one against the White Sox?

Nice to know that Swisher remained consistent as one of baseball's most experienced and ineffective postseason hitters; career average was 164 coming in.
Nice for Asdrubal to remind me that I want to get rid of him. May have made himself a bit more tradeable with his decent September.
Fun to watch the crazy infield realignments Madden made from hitter to hitter or even from pitch to pitch. I've never seen a 2B play so deep into RF and so often. Or so many alignments with 3 IF on one side of 2nd base or the other. And they all worked out! He even went to a lefty to pitch to Raburn and of course McGee struck him out. Great manager, apparently.

CIV: When I saw the energy there on TV, I wish I would have sprung for a ticket, although I wouldn't have enjoyed standing all game. And it would have helped if the Tribe had scored when they had a chance. As I posted in this folder during the game, I never had a good feeling about it. I'm still bummed today that we didn't make it more competitive. It's a real letdown after the amazing sprint to the finish in September.