Re: General Discussion

The first game of a series is always the most important.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Almost a week late - but wanted to give a report of my trip to the Prog:

Kazmir was great, and got a standing O when he left.

Tribe scored enough to eeek the win (4-1).

Swisher paid for the fireworks.

I had a $10 beer, but no hotdogs.

Good time, all around. I took J.R.'s advice and brought home the win.

seagull wrote:Perez= Jose Mesa......Meltdown waiting to happen
Well I would like to think after toights performance we won't have to worry about him coming in with a close lead (or anything less than 6 runs) anytime soon.
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Woohoo! (not "Wahoo!".....just an attempt to remain politically correct for those normally voting Democrat....and those deleting and amending posts....where ever they might be.....and Mrs. Calabash.....perhaps)

The end of the work week is here for those that do, or might have ever, worked for a living. (Cleveland city folks by and large today pay attention to the beginning of of the month when their next US Working Taxpayer paid for check is coming in so they can buy Twinkies, Potato Chips or Meth or Crack or whatever they choose on a whim with the tax dollars paid by those who actually work for a living).

Cleveland Indians are in a two day competition for The Wild Card.

I'll gently remind that competing for "The Wild Card" in the last two days of the season normally requires already being A LOSER!

"Couldn't WIN THE DIVISION after your 22 years in the organization, Mark Shapiro?? Well at least there's a chance for the back door and a one and done playoff or whatever screwball scheme the lame duck Bud Selig conjured or conjures up."

(Bud Selig makes up more rules on the fly than NASCAR.....and go figure....I am a NASCAR fan)

We're gonna lose!

Chicago rolled over for Shaps and Cleveland in same fashion as the US Presidency was won by John F. Kennedy because Chicago was bought by his Dad.

Go Figure.

Now we tip toe through the late season tulips closing it out in the Land Of Walter Mondale and Hubert Humphrey. Oh, and Fran Tarkenton, and Adrian Peterson. And of course for real baseball fans, Paul Molitor.

That means Minnesota for the apparently impared, ...or at least temporarily impaired Mt Fan and Rusty Man

We're gonna lose.....we're gonna lose.....we're gonna lose....

(I've been in Minneapolis in the early autumn. It's a pretty depressing place....all the leafs are brown, and the sky is gray....an appropriate place to end The Cleveland Indians season orchestrated by Shaps and Antointti)

We're gonna lose!

tampasteve63 wrote::P
And on any good national decision night or day of politics or sports it comes down to the States with the most electoral votes.

Texas, Florida and Ohio.

Rangers, Rays, and Indians.

I've claimed Texas as a prior personal residence, and now I also have my guns permitted for legal concealed carry in Florida.

I quit paying attention to Ohio a long time ago. Except for the unhealthy pursuit of Cleveland Sports Fandom, and some now dead or a step removed distant relatives I'll still keep a link to, cause hey, they are my blood relatives.

Humorous to note that Texas, Florida and Ohio all have Republican Governors.

While DFW and Tampa Bay both have "dangerous zip codes," we can all agree that The City of Cleveland stands alone as the biggest puss hole of humanity where even the brave do not go within city limits. Unless they are on their way to the Cleveland Clinic where it's local lore that local cops tell white people they don't necessarily have to stop at red lights, if they "feel threatened",......or in other words, "damn the torpedoes,........(and those with brains and memories here can fill in this blank) _____ ______ ahead!"

Cleveland puss humanity still exists after decades "of efforts" and millions in attempts to rectify.....because the Jimmy Carter's and Bill Clinton's and Barack Obama's need the puss hole concentrated vote of cities like Cleveland, Chicago and Detroit.....and Philadelphia.... to win National Elections.

Tomorrow it's "not on to Chicago," as Robert F. is of course, one of the Dead Kennedy's. (:-)......it's a nuance joke....look it up....)

It's back in Minnie A No Place for Cleveland Native American Fandom on Sunday.

Time to chop wood and get ready for an early and cold Ohio gray winter.

(my bad....I doubt anyone in Northeastern Ohio "chops wood," though I have no doubt that thugs in Cleveland chop cookies of crack, and no one cares.)

Regardless of my diatribe, the players on the field will decide what happens in the next day or two for today's Cleveland Fandom.

I just created an excellent low fat Italian sausage and chicken slow cooker recipe that won rave reviews today.

When The Indians season is over, as The Browns season is already over, and LeBron ain't coming back with a distant "woof" ala Lassie, prepare to eat well.....and healthy.