Re: General Discussion

I just caught the highlights of the game on the ESPN. Could have had more runs if the CF hadn't robbed 2 runs....Giambi and I can't remember who the second was.

Ubaldo is the 2nd best pitcher in baseball since the allstar break. If I'm Francona I'm planning for him to be the guy in a one game playoff.

Nice to OWN a team like we own the White Sox.....usually its us being owned...like Detroit owns us this year again. Hope we don't have to face them first if we make the playoffs.

This is the most fun baseball has been for the Tribe in September since 2007. It's been a great season and I've enjoyed every game I had the chance to watch or listen to. Looking forward to the final push.
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Nice performance today and a good week for The Cleveland Indians. Apparently Shaps and Antoinette have been staying away from the team, as they are worried about the $25 million they inked for Swish and Cabs next season.

Nice production for The Tribe in a sweep of Chicago Obamaland.

Go figure.

We put our welfare city up against one of the biggest welfare cities of all, and we ruled!

Underdog welfare city kicks arse!

Did the Cleveland Browns play today? How did they do? Is their new owner indicted yet?

Is that Colt McCoy kid from Texas still with the team?

Cleveland is "Browns Town" as we are ridiculously reminded by the Cleveland sports writers, du jour. As an excuse for Shaps and Antoinetti and the always empty stadium formerly known as "The Jake."

Let's monitor Tribe attendance the rest of the way. If Shaps can't get the place half full as The Cleveland Clowns need to go 8-6 the rest of the way to get the oft Browns Fan coveted prediction of 8-8 on the season....well, he's just Shaps.

A guy posted as WestDawg on the Cleveland Browns Forum but he left months before I hammered Haslam as a crook and Cleveland as undeserving of winning anything.

WestDawg appropriately pointed out that every year some team rises from the ashes to unexpectedly excel in the NFL, but THAT TEAM is never Cleveland.

And he noted Clevelanders were complacent, and happy with achieving little in fandom in Cleveland sports.

And poof, WestDawg was gone. Though before he left, he tried to lure others to his idea to a bring an NFL team to Los Angeles web movement in a time share sort of way.

I was at a wedding in Yosemite last Saturday. The reverend noted that the Father of the groom requested "not a thread of red" in the bridal party.

The Father of the groom was a Dodger Fan from SoCal. The wedding was in NorCal.

"Thread of red" referred to the uniforms of notable NorCal teams of baseball and football, as I feel I must explain the reference.

I am continually amazed how Tito finds playing time (and therefore rest) for so many guys and continues to win.

He is the ultimate team builder.

Shapiro and Antonetti may have struck out with some moves (duh, every GM in the bigs does so), but they hit a HUGE home run with Terry Francona.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

I am continually amazed how Tito finds playing time (and therefore rest) for so many guys and continues to win. He is the ultimate team builder.
I agree TFIR and somewhere not too long ago I voiced those same opinions.

I voiced my opinion about how impressed I was with the bench we put together this spring. It's been the strongest bench we've had in the past couple of decades. All my complaints over the past years about the poor quality of bench players was a constant irritation to me. Now I believe everyone can see what a quality bench can do for a team in a pennant race.

I chose the 86-90 wins in the poll based mainly on three things: 1. the bench, 2. the bullpen, and 3. Tito Francona.

I knew we had the talent offensively to hang in there with the best of them.

I wasn't as worried about the starting pitching as many of us here although I did think that we needed another quality starter. I have to say that the starters have far exceeded my expectations in particularly Kluber, Salazar, and McCallister.

The defense has been ok, could be better, but I'm not complaining any.

The front office finally woke up for whatever reasons! Just in time to possibly save Cleveland from losing a storied franchise ?!!?!?

Go Tribe!
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller