Re: General Discussion

fkreutz wrote:Cali, you need to go check the standings dude. Best Tribe season in years.....
Dude, I can read between the lines and know YOU work hard for a living, and certainly do not have an Obamaphone.

Mark Shapiro producing about less than half full crowds in this....I'll agree....pennant race....with a weekend series at home......is SHAMEFUL.

SHAMEFUl!

Please no one, do not lean on that post Cleveland decline argument that Cleveland is just a football town. Or Northeastern Ohio is just Obamaland.

If Shaps can't place some ads (or his "social media") or work some corporate or social deals to put more butts in the seats for the cameras.....as he did NOT during this HUGE Indians weekend....

....as he DID NOT (repeated again, for MT Fan and Rusty)

I now have Shaps in my competition for biggest loser, ever.

(isn't a new TV season about to start......just for reality?......just saying)

I predict the New York Yankees will finish ahead of The Cleveland Indians in The Wild Card.

(and Baron....I had Oakland Raiders season tickets for most of the last decade, though that amounted little to righting the front office)

I just bought 5 tix for a game in September. Will be my 7 YO son's first MLB game -- he's attended 3 minor league games (twice to see the Portland Seadogs - Bosox AA, and once to see the Brooklyn Cyclones -- Met's short-season A team), and given the intimacy of the stadiums in those minor league games, I wanted to, at least for his first MLB game, try to get "as close as possible". Still, I needed 5 tickets (Boy, Mrs., Dad, Sis, myself) -- so I found 5 grouped together in section 162 -- rows Z (3) and AA(2).

Row Z seats are 75.50 a piece.
Row AA seats are 52.25 a piece.

1 Row, $23.25 difference in price!!!

No wonder attendance is so poor.

Darkstar wrote:I just bought 5 tix for a game in September. Will be my 7 YO son's first MLB game -- he's attended 3 minor league games (twice to see the Portland Seadogs - Bosox AA, and once to see the Brooklyn Cyclones -- Met's short-season A team), and given the intimacy of the stadiums in those minor league games, I wanted to, at least for his first MLB game, try to get "as close as possible". Still, I needed 5 tickets (Boy, Mrs., Dad, Sis, myself) -- so I found 5 grouped together in section 162 -- rows Z (3) and AA(2).

Row Z seats are 75.50 a piece.
Row AA seats are 52.25 a piece.

1 Row, $23.25 difference in price!!!

No wonder attendance is so poor.
Darkstar, try to note for your kid the crisp clean fragrance of the amazing neatly cut grass.

I'm presuming The Prog still looks and smells the way in my mind a MLB park should look and smell.

It did, last time I was there, albeit in the post season for three games when we tossed out The Yankees in 1997.

Opening Day of 1975 was my fave Cleveland Indians game of all time....as I attended with a temperature of 102 degrees....and did not regret it a bit. Especially over the years.

I have no idea what Shaps has done for the place as his chief promoter... Rusty..... who according to form, has backed out of the recent conversation. Not like Rusty ever had any original thoughts, anyhow.

TFIR, google or whatever you prefer to do to research to find the latest scuttlebutt over what the Bobby Riggs/Billy Jean King matches might have been all about.

That is real life. Read, and learn, and in my personal opinion offering....accept, and open up to differing opinions...however and when they might be presented.

For everyone, THIS TEAM could really make the post season. I accept that and give Shaps credit for only being a blind pig to determine his roster if they do.

Shaps uber sucks at selling tickets, as evidenced by the little noticed home stand of this past weekend.

Me personally, I'm going to watch "Trouble With The Curve" one more time on On Demand.

Phil Miller of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that Josh Willingham has been claimed off waivers.
The team that claimed him is unknown at this point. The Twins can now try to work out a trade or opt to pull Willingham back. The 34-year-old outfielder is batting .215/.347/.391 with 12 home runs and 45 RBI in 89 games played this season for Minnesota.

Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune Aug 28 - 6:09 PM

We locked in a loss on a 3 game series in less than 48 hours.

THAT is NOT moving Forward with just 31 games to go, as this team needs to go balls to the wall with the feeble tinkering the guys the apparently dementia afflicted Dolan still keeps around, after they about did jack.

Come on. Asdrubal was good trade bait, counting on stupider GM's to take him.....I shudder as I type this... I am sure there were some that would have.

We need George Jefferson as our Cleveland Indians President, or General Manager.

We'd be "moving on up!" At least more than with Shaps or MarieAntoinetti.

I know "The Jefferson's" is long ago forgotten, and I know George Jefferson is no longer on TV.

I also know that Sherman Hemsley, "the guy" who played George Jefferson, has passed away.

The ghost of either Sherman or George would be WAY more effective than Shaps or Antonetti.

JR, you were real cute in your earlier sharing of what you noted as my "deleted posts" I might have amended.

For the record for all, I now post here is subject to firm editing or deletion, and many deletions.....with apparently the excuse of my political and life thoughts...........with miles to go before I sleep.

(Robert Frost, a poet, dumb arses.....9th grade stuff for those with good memories)

My posts disappear as quickly as those who do not like them here, find them.

All in the name and mind of a Cleveland Indians Fans here who actually lives close to The City of Cleveland.

With a nod to Jeff Foxworthy and Bill Engvall

Here's your sign