Re: General Discussion

Sorry for the downtime! The AWS instance these forums are hosted on apparently went down overnight and someone, who shall remain nameless, didn't have the webserver configured to startup when the system boots. Oops! It's fixed now so if this happens again, impact will be minimized. Go Tribe!

Thanks, RYAN! It's great to have an "in-house" sysop to fix these things, so we aren't at the mercy of strangers, like we were at WC.

btw, for those who don't understand Ryan's post, "AWS" stands for Amazon Web Services" Then I googled and found this:

What is an instance? Can we open more than one instance in a machine?

Before I define an instance, I should define a "database." In Oracle, a database is a collection of files that reside on the server. These are the datafiles belonging to multiple tablespaces and the online redo logs. When the server is shut down, the data persists in the datafiles.

The instance is the allocated memory and collection of processes running on the server. When you start Oracle, memory is allocated and processes are started which perform the many housekeeping tasks to keep the database healthy. You can turn off the instance and the database will remain. Normally, the instance attaches to one and only one database. You cannot have two instances connected

Brantley is having a solid uptick in his power. Looking at the numbers, he's upped both his walks and his xb hits so he's becoming a much more valuable offense player. In fact looking at the on base pct less batting average and the slugging pct less average for our lineup we have lots of guys who prove that they are approaching the plate constructively. Credit for the hitting coach??

LaPorta's OBA-AVG is 080 and SLG-AVG is 202, Bratnley 074 and 114, ACabrera 65 and 196, Hannahan 88 and 151, Hafner 63 and 188, Santana 125 and 162 which means his sub 200 avg is only partly indicative of his still useful role to the offense. The only starter who's unimpressive in this numbers is OCabrera who's numbers are 022 and 087.

Interesting take Civ. But if you watch the games, I would say O C is one of the more valuable guys on the team b/c of the leadership, been there done that attitude. Its amazing how stats, while important, only tell half the story.
Keep riding the wave. Last at bat, first at bat, doesn't matter. Just win!

It is difficult to mess with success,but Kearns is showing very little. I am also concerned with his OF play which has hurt us lately.

Hopefully he snaps out of it but if he does not Buck or Carrera could be a good replacement even though they are left handed hitters, after all, if you are replacing a .150 RH bat,how much worse can you do?

Buck is hitting well and Carrera is 14 out of 15 in steals, good late inning runner plus in Spring Training he demonstrated pretty good fielding abilities.

The only starter who's unimpressive in this numbers is OCabrera who's numbers are 022 and 087.
I agree that OC's timely hitting and leadership make that stat less glaring.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain