Re: Draft Folder

JR-

You have too much time on your hands. Miss teaching ? :P
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Tribe Fan in SC/Cali wrote: I'm just trying to help lives.

Really, I mean that.

Following Cleveland Sports should require warning labels.
We're all adults here, and longtime followers of Cleveland sports. So thanks anyways, but your services are not needed in that regard.

JOE: I miss some aspects of it, but not all the politicization that occurred the last 10 years or so. And I definitely don't miss getting up at 5:30 AM every day!
Whenever I see a strange name like that, I figure what it would be if spelled backwards.

I wonder if you could be correct on that last one !?!?! Definitely more realistic than the original.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Cleveland Indians

Biggest Steal: Adam Plutko, RHP, UCLA, No. 321 overall

If you're looking for consistency, look no further than Adam Plutko, who has been as reliable as it gets in college over the past three seasons:
W-L ERA IP BB K
Freshman 7-4 2.01 107.2 24 92
Sophomore 12-3 2.48 119.2 47 99
Junior 8-3 2.35 111 27 77

He doesn't have overpowering stuff, but he knows how to pitch, throwing all four of his pitches for strikes consistently and keeping batters off balance by mixing and matching his fastball with his secondary stuff, especially his changeup.

Ranked 179th on Baseball America's Top 500, Plutko isn't going to be a future ace, but he's got as good a chance as anyone in the draft to become a quality back-of-the-rotation arm.

Biggest Reach: Kenny Mathews, LHP, Riverside CC (CA), No. 201 overall

Kenny Mathews can locate all of his pitches, but he lacks premium velocity on his fastball, which sits in the mid-80s, topping out around 89 mph, and neither his curveball or changeup is a plus offering.

At best, he's a fifth starter on a non-contending team or minor league rotation depth

Bleacher Report's Tribe Grade: B-

First-Round Pick: Clint Frazier, OF, Loganville HS (Ga.)

Best Value Pick: Sean Brady, LHP, Ida Baker HS (Fla.)

Sleeper Pick: Adam Plutko, RHP, UCLA

The Cleveland Indians went for ceiling with their first pick (Frazier), then didn't pick again until the 79th pick thanks to signing Nick Swisher and Michael Bourn.

There isn't a lot of impact in this class beyond Frazier, but they were able to stockpile a lot of pitchers who project as back-end starters or relievers. Plutko was a good Day 3 pick as a starter whose stuff isn't great, but knows how to pitch.

Final Grade: B-