Re: SPRING TRAINING 2013!

VT'er wrote:Oh good grief I'm the same age as Terry Francona.
I get all mixed up with these same sex marriage laws by state, and the state laws on euthanasia.

I think our former poster John Coltrane/Rocky was a fan and former resident of a state (Oregon) that allowed euthanasia, but not same sex marriage.

I think Vermont allows same sex marriage.....correct me if I am wrong...but NOT euthanasia.

VT, you're getting pretty damned old....

:-)

Same-sex marriage has been allowed in VT for a few years now I think; and in any case, its near-equivalence (civil unions) became law in about 2000.

As for that other thing, the legislature is currently debating a "physician-assisted suicide" bill, but that's not really the same as euthanaisa unless you qualify the latter (as "voluntary").

In other Vermont news, former Case Institute of Technology math professor Dr. Frank Ryan still lives in Grafton, Vermont, and it won't be all that long before his NFL Champs Cleveland Browns will mark their 50th anniversary.

I have a Frank Ryan card from 1963 I'll give for free to anyone who can assure Dolan gets rid of Mark Shapiro.

(reality note: I actually looked forward to Frank Ryan's wife's columns in the newspaper)

Most Shaprioites are too dumb to appreciate and remember the Cleveland significance of the grace and intelligence of Frank Ryan.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Indians claimed switch-hitting first baseman Mike McDade on waivers from Toronto. They put the 6-1, 250-pound McDade on the 40-man roster by designating lefty Chris Seddon for assignment.
McDade, 23, played at Class AA New Hampshire and Class AAA Las Vegas last season. He hit a combined .285 (128-for-449) with 19 doubles, one triple, 17 homers and 67 RBI in 118 games.
He spent a month with Las Vegas, hitting .338 (27-for-71) with three doubles, two homers and 18 RBI in 18 games. The Pacific Coast League has always treated hitters well.
Overall, McDade hit .298 (97-for-326) against right-handers.
McDade, a Las Vegas native, was the Blue Jays' sixth round pick in the 2007 draft. In 2011, he hit 37 doubles in the Eastern League for New Hampshire.
In six minor league seasons, McDade is hitting .265 (626-for-2,364) with 132 doubles, four triples, 76 homers and 325 RBI. He has 595 strikeouts compared to 183 walks. McDade's career on base percentage is .323 with a .420 slugging percentage

Per Hoynes